Chapter 1

Warren Parks was leaning over the cluttered wooden work bench that he had been assigned when he first entered the Nuclear bunker, some 2 miles north of Washington D.C. Although the nuclear disaster happened around two months ago, he still was not used to the crowded sleeping areas and dingy lighting.

Bang! Warren quickly grabbed a screwdriver off of the bench and spun around to face what he thought was an attacker. Not so much to his surprise, it was only his 'friend' Ben, who he had only become 'friends' with at school because his dad owned an aeroplane manufacturing company which could get him an apprenticeship in engineering. 

'Really dude, a screwdriver,' Ben smirked, 'what were you going to do, unwind my robot arm?'
'Yeah right, like you would be cool enough to be a cyborg!' Warren laughed, putting the screwdriver back on the table.
'Just you wait, when I get married to some hot cyborg girl, you will not get her cute best friend!' Ben said smirking.
'I'd like to see that! If a cyborg girl exists, she's all yours.' Warren smiled and turned back to his workbench where he was fixing a small bike engine.
'Anyway, I was going to grab some food from the canteen, you coming?' Ben asked.
'Yeah sure, I'm just going to finish this.' Warren replied,' I will catch up in a sec'
With that, Ben left and Warren picked up the screwdriver again and was about to tighten a bolt.

*sirens wailed* -EVERYONE GET TO THE DOORS!-