Scenario #9|| His Injuries

Mark|| You watch from the side as Mark and his partner work on "Alright babe let's try this once more." A bit of Mark's British accent escapes his lips.

You watch them practice, and next thing you know he's writhing on the floor, obviously in severe pain. You run to his side.

"Oh my god Mark! Hey are you okay?" You ask, instantly mentally punishing yourself for asking a question with an obvious answer.

"It's my leg. I don't know what happened. It just gave out." He says uneasily.

"That's not true." His partner confesses. "Mark you said you were having leg problems earlier."

Mark looks at his partner somewhat upset but mostly in pain.

"Why didn't you say anything?" You ask.

"I didn't want you to worry." He says as he's being lifted onto a stretcher.

You walk along the stretcher and continue our conversation. "Mark I don't get why you thought you needed to keep this from me. I'd be less worried if you would've said something earlier. Maybe you wouldn't be laying on this stretcher if you told me or someone else." You tell him.

"I know. I'm sorry." He takes your hand in his.

You brush some of his hair back off of his forehead.

"I want you to be safe. And that involves telling someone about any injuries. You of all people should know this." You add.

"You're right. I didn't want you to get distracted. I know you've been busy lately and I didn't want you to draw you away from your work." He replies.

"I'll always be here for you whether you want me to or not. But don't scare me like that. I don't want you to hurt yourself. I need you to be safe."

Derek|| You knock on the door to the hospital room before opening it to reveal a droopy-eyed Derek lying in the hospital bed.

"Hey D." You say.

His face instantly lights up. "Hey babe. How are you?" He asks you.

"I'm fine as long as you are. I'm more worried about you than I am myself at this point in time. How are you feeling?" You ask.

"I'm okay. Much better now that you're here." He holds your hand as you sit on the edge on the hospital bed.

"I'm glad your doing well my clumsy boy." You giggle thinking of how Derek hurt himself

"Yeah yeah. Derek vs floor light. Floor light wins." He jokes at himself.

He scoots over a little bit so you can lie down next to him.

You lie down, rest your head and hand on his chest. He places a kiss on your lips when you look up at him.

"You now you've got to be more careful D. As much as I love spoiling you when you're immobile but I want you to stay healthy." I tell him.

"I know you do babe. But I think I like you spoiling me too much. That's the upside of being injured. I get to see you more than just around the studio." He laughs and teases me.

"Meanie." I pout.

"No, you love me." He corrects me.

I nod. "Yeah I do." I nuzzle my gave into his neck.

"I love you too. And I'm glad that you're the one by my side right now (y/n)." He kisses your forehead and you both eventually doze off.

You eventually wake up and check the time on your phone. You realize you should probably go since it has been an hour and a half. You look at the side table and see that the nurse had left food, water, and Derek's medicine along with a note. When Derek wakes up, this is for him –Nurse Caitlin.