Chapter Six

After spending all night on lockdown, the guys all got back and settled in their hotel before leaving the next morning to go to the next location. Zak got on his twitter and noticed a tweet that DJ put up. The tweet read I got to meet my niece today for the first time. My childhood friend Sherri gave birth to the cutest little girl a week ago and I got to meet her. Zak sighed as Nick walked in with Aaron who noticed the look on Zak's face.

"What's up?" Nick asked sitting on the couch so they could go through some evidence.

"I think DJ wants kids." Zak replied as he leaned his head back against the headboard.

"Why do you say that?"

"She's been talking about kids and that she would love to have a family."

"And you don't want that?"

"I don't know, man. I've got so much going on right now and so does she but I'm almost forty."

"You have to tell her what you want. I started earlier because I found someone earlier. Don't you want to have little yous running around?"

"Little hers maybe but no little me's. We've only been together a year, but I love her, bro."

"Tell her that. Go home and tell her how you feel about the situation. I know you two don't use protection anyway."

"We are not going there, Nick." Aaron and Nick both laughed when Zak let out an annoyed-disgusted groan.

"I call it like I see it. You could always tell her to go in and get tested."

"So, I tell her 'DJ, you should go pee on a stick because you might be pregnant'?"

"You sound like a dick when you say that way, but yeah it's a way to tell her." Zak threw a pillow at Nick and rolled over on his stomach. Nick was right. They hadn't used protection in a while so there was a possibility DJ could be pregnant. But as if on cue, Zak's phone vibrated, and he looked down to see that DJ texted him.

From DJ: Call me ASAP.

Zak stepped out and dialed DJ's number. Something told him that he was about to be told news that he didn't know if he wanted to hear.

"Hey Zak." DJ answered her phone.

"I swear if you tell me what I think you're going to tell me, I'm going piss myself." Zak spoke into the phone. He heard a chuckle on the other end.

"Maybe you have a sixth sense or something. Because I took the test this morning." Zak ran his hand through his hair. "You're going to be a dad." Zak let out a loud breath not really knowing how to take the news. "Did you not want this, Zak?"

"It's not that I don't, I'm just confused on what I want, darlin.

"I understand, Zak. But either way, it's happening."

"How do we raise a kid with doing what we do?" Zak asked.

"Nick is doing it just fine with Annabelle and Chloe. Why wouldn't we be fine?"

"I wasn't saying we wouldn't be fine. I'm not prepared for this, that's all."

"Well, you don't sound too happy about this."

"Don't put words in my mouth, DJ. I am happy but neither of us were prepared. I didn't even know if I wanted kids. I just talked with Nick about it."

"So, you don't want it then."

"Damn it, I didn't say that. Stop doing that."

"You said it. You just said you didn't even know if you wanted kids. It's good to see that I'm the only excited one." Zak heard the line end and she sat back with his head against the wall.