Chapter Twenty

DJ looked around the abandoned hotel as Zak and the crew took their walk through of the hotel. There's was something about this place that DJ didn't like, and she stuck close to Zak, almost glued to him. As they walked passed through a doorway, DJ stopped just before she walked through doorway. Realizing DJ wasn't with them, Zak turned around to see DJ standing in the doorway.

"Are you okay?" Zak asked as DJ finally looked at him. DJ didn't answer but Zak could see her trembling. "Can you come in here with us?" Zak held out his hand which seemed to help DJ. "C'mon." DJ put her hand in his and the minute she walked in, DJ felt a heaviness in the room. Whatever it was, it didn't want DJ here. "I know you're scared of whatever is here. But I want to try something."

"Zak, I'm not staying in here by myself." DJ said with a stern voice.

"Do it for a minute or so. I want to try a little experiment. If anything does happen just yell for me." DJ glared at Zak and nodded her head. The guys left her in the room and Zak was starting to regret asking her to stay up there.

DJ leaned on the table and looked around the room. She could feel an angry energy in the room but stayed put, holding her ground.

"Is there someone in here?" DJ asked hoping she didn't get an answer. "I know you're in here. If you're here, can you give me a sign?" Suddenly, DJ felt like someone stood in her face and she turned her head only to have the feeling follow as if someone was staring at her.

"I can't hear her anymore." Billy said as he looked at Zak.

"What do you mean you can't hear her? Did her mic battery die?" Zak asked getting a bit nervous.

"No. She just stopped talking." Zak felt his nervousness getting worse as he felt like he should go back inside and get her. "Her breathing is picking up through." Zak walked back into the building and hurried up to the room where he saw DJ standing with her head turned to the side.

"Stop, stay there." DJ said as she held out her hand. The guys appeared behind Zak, but he kept them from going in there. "I know you're mad at something and I know you want take it out on me."

"DJ." Zak said feeling angry brewing him as well. Aaron was recording on his camera.

"Here's in front of me right now." DJ said as she put her hand out in front of her but didn't move her head. Zak's hand gripped the doorway as his anger continued to rise as if he was gonna try to fist fight whatever was messing with DJ. "If you want to leave, you can go. I can help you go."

"DJ, fucking stop it." Zak ordered almost snapping at DJ.

"I can't. If I stop, something will happen to you guys tonight. This is the spirit that was doing harm on people. You want me to stay in here, you got what you wanted now shut the fuck up." The guys were a bit surprised at her reaction. "Mom. I know you're with me. You've helped a couple times already. We really need you to help this spirit. He needs a way out." DJ looked her head and saw a figure in front of her. Suddenly, the heaving feeling was gone and whatever was in the room was gone. "He's gone." DJ got up and walked out of the room bumping into Zak. It was then that she fell to her knees.

"Whoa, what the hell happened?" Zak asked as he caught DJ.

"I used up a lot of energy, dumb ass." DJ snapped and pulled her arm from his grip. Zak followed DJ outside forgetting to tell Nick and Aaron to turn the cameras off. "What the fuck is going on?"

"I told you I didn't want to stay in there, Zak. But you never listen to me. All you care about is a good show."

"Are you fucking kidding me?"

"Do you remember what happened last time? We lost a baby because of these damn spirits. I almost passed out trying to get rid of spirit that told me, you or one of the guys were going to get hurt. Nick and Aaron came out after the two had calmed down and continued to shoot them. "There are more entities other than the one I got rid of. I'm not going back in there, I can't. That place scares the shit out of me. Somebody in there does not like me and I'm not putting the baby in the middle of that again." DJ looked at Zak and instantly he felt like shit for asking DJ to do that.