Chapter Nine

DJ sat in nerve center with Jay and Billy as she watched the cameras with them yet again. This time, DJ was not leaving and was actually in between Billy and Jay so they would see if she left. Salem was also with her again this time.

As they watched, DJ immediately noticed something different about Zak. He walked with Nick on the camera, and she knew something came over him. She felt herself take in a deep breath as he aggressively lunged at Nick but quickly retracted himself.

"Is he okay?" DJ asked as she adjusted her boot covered leg.

"I don't know." Billy replied as they watched Zak on the cameras. Zak quickly turned angier as he then started to cuss at Nick which reminded her of Poveglia when Zak's anger was turned towards Aaron but this time, it was turned towards Nick.

"Should we stop?" Jay radioed to Aaron as Nick tried to calm Zak. They could hear Aaron on the camera asking Nick if they should stop. Zak looked at the camera and he looked pissed off. DJ's other knee bounced up and down nervously.

"Yeah, we're going take a break from the lock down. We're bringing him out." Aaron radioed back. "DJ, you should probably talk to him before takes a bite out of Nick." DJ stood walked outside of the tent they had set up and watched as Zak, Nick, and Aaron appeared and Zak was still looking at Nick like he wanted to kill him.

"Zak!" DJ yelled and watched as Zak's attention turned towards DJ. He completely forgot about Nick as he finally got up to her.

"I think something took over him." Nick spoke up as Zak stood in front of DJ with his head down. DJ looked at Zak.

"Hey, what's going on?" DJ asked him in a soft tone as she put her hands on his waist. "Just calm down. Whatever is going on, you need to push it out." Nick continued to film DJ's work. Other than going on lock downs with the guys, she's always had an ability to help rid people of demons or spirits that have taken over bodies without doing an exorcism. "Come back to me." It took a few seconds and finally Zak lifted is head up and looked up at DJ.

"What happened?" Zak asked as he looked around. DJ soothing rubbed his waist with her thumbs.

"From what I saw, you tried to take a bite out of Nick." DJ replied as Zak rubbed his face.

"What did I do?"

"Same thing at Poveglia but you turned on Nick. You should be happy that I'm here." Zak turned to look at Nick.

"You good, bro?" Zak asked.

"Yeah, I'm good."

"We should head back to the hotel."

------------------

In their hotel room, lay on the bed with his arms wrapped around DJ's legs and his head resting on her knees. She soothingly rubbed his bareback as she felt his tense back starting to relax. She could tell that Zak still wasn't himself and it really tugged at her heart.

"You want to talk about it?" DJ asked and got a shrug in return. "Do you remember anything that happened?"

"No, I blacked out as soon as we got in that room." Zak replied as he lifted his head to look at DJ. "I do remember somebody saying something about you and for some reason, I thought it was Nick and then I blacked out." DJ smiled because she loved just how protective Zak got of her. He scooted closer to her and gently kissed her. They felt the kiss starting to get heated as Zak put his hand on her thigh and squeezed it. Zak pulled away to see DJ's eyes filling up with tears.

"What's wrong?" Zak asked as he sat up and wiped the tears away.

"I'm happy. I have you, the person I love more than anything. And we're gonna be parents." Zak smiled and pushed DJ's shirt up before kissing her stomach right above her belly button. He then looked up DJ as his thumb rubbed her stomach.