It Can't Be!

Bucky's P.O.V:
"Why did you let Bruce fly the helicopter?" I ask with a bucket in my hand, feeling like I'm going to throw up all over the place. "Suck it up Barnes. I was in the plane too and I'm not sick." Tony says with attitude. "That's cause you're bad a flying too! Your immune to bad piloting!" I exclaim and then we give each other a mean glare, but get over it instantly because we're family and even though we may annoy each other, we forgive and forget. "Sorry Bucky." Bruce says. "It's ok Bruce. I'm just being dramatic." I joke and we both smile.

We all stand up and go to the hotel room that Tony rented for us and open the door to the suite. "Oh my god! Tony this is awesome!" I say and run around the room like a little kid and Bruce does the same. "Do you like it?" Tony asks and Bruce says yes as he goes to the room he claimed and with chocolate covered strawberries stuffed in my mouth I say a nearly understandable yes, but Tony knows I'm happy.

"Alright, so I think we should hit the sack and start in the morning." Bruce says. "Are you kidding me?" I ask as I finishing swallowing my strawberries and I get weird looks.

   "What are you talking about Barnes? We need our sleep." Tony says. "No way. We need to find Steve. We don't know what's happening right now and if Steve is even alive or not. We've gotta find him. If anything ever happened to him..." I begin and try to hide my watery eyes as Tony pats me on the back before I can continue.

   "He's the only family I have left." I admit sadly, but Bruce quickly interiors. "That's not true," he says, "You have us." and I can't help but let out a small smile.

   "I know I have you guys. The Avengers are like family to me. But I've known Steve since I was 8 years old and he's the only one that understands how hard it is to be a man out of his own time and to deal with how much the world has changed. He's the last connection to my past...my home." I say, before continuing.

   "I need Steve. He's my brother." I finish, slightly choking up on my words. Tony and Bruce give a sympathetic smile. "Ok. We'll look for Steve now." Tony says and we both smile.

         A couple of hours later...

Bucky's P.O.V:
"Did you find the address for that Veronica chick yet?" Tony asks Bruce. "No. There's nothing. It's like she doesn't exist." Bruce says. "But she does. So we've got to fi..." I begin to say before a ringing phone cuts me off. "Hello? You are on speaker." Tony says. "Hey guys it's me, Nat. I found some information that you might want to hear." She says in a serious tone.

   "Well what is it?" Tony asks and I move my chair in closer to the phone so I can hear her better. "Is Bucky there?" She asks. "Yeah. I'm right here." I say and wave even though she can't see me. What doesn't she want me to know?

"Why does it matter that Bucky's here Nat?" Tony asks seriously as well now. "Never mind. I'll call you later." Natasha says but before she can hang up the phone, I speak, "Hold on! Hold on Nat!" I say and I hear a sigh on the other line. "What is it that you don't want me to hear?" I ask with no response.

"Well? What is it Nat? Just tell me!" I say loudly now and she finally responds. "Bucky, I don't think you should hear it over the phone." She says. "No what is it?" I ask and start to think. Oh no! "Is it Steve? Is Steve ok?" I ask in a panicked voice now.

   "Steve...Steve's..." Nat starts but can't seem to finish. "Nat please tell me what happened. If anything happened to Steve, then I need to know." I say and she finally spills. "We found a picture of Steve..." She begins. "What? How is that bad?" I ask.

"It was Steve's grave stone at the Orlen Park Cemetery in New York City." She finishes. No. No! It can't be! He can't be dead! I'm suppose to save him! No Steve! No!

   I think to myself and I only hear bits of Natasha speaking. I catch a few words like, I'm sorry, but I tune out most of if and think of the friend that I failed to save. My brother who I failed to save. "Bucky, I'm so sorry." Tony and Bruce say. I have never seen them so serious before.

"No. No. It can't be. There must be some kind of mistake!" I say hoping for an error. "I'm sorry Bucky. We tripled checked and this is Steve." Natasha says. "No. No!" I say softly and cover my mouth. "Alright, I'll call you later Nat." Tony says and hangs up the phone.

   "Listen Barnes, I'm so sorry." Tony says as he holds onto my shoulders. "It my fault." I whisper, whit my head in my hands. "What?" Tony asks, not hearing me. "It's all my fault." I say louder, looking up at him now.

   "Buck..." He begins but I quickly cut him off. "No. It's my fault. I could of saved him at the parking lot or called him. I could of saved him, but I failed. I let my best friend down when he needed me the most and he died. It's all my fault, it's all my fault." I keep repeating to myself.

"Listen Barnes, none of this is your fault. It's Claire that did this, not you." Tony says demandingly and I look up at him with an idea...Veronica.

   "What is it? What are you planning?" Tony asks, knowing I'm up to no good. I just leave and don't say a word. But I take a gun with me and put it in my pocket before I open the door and turn to them to say, "Don't follow me."

   "Bucky! Where do you think you're going? You're hurt right now. This is no time to be shooting innocent people!" Tony says. "I'm not hurting anyone. I'm getting Steve back." I say and have one foot out the door. "Bucky!" Tony yells and I quickly turn around and walk towards him. "Follow me and I'll shoot you." I say and he backs off with a dirty look. It's time to find Veronica.

A/N: Omg!!! Thank you soooo much for 200 followers. I really appreciate it. Thanks for voting for my stories and liking and commenting. It means so much to me. I have another Captain America story called, "My Life As An Avenger." I'm going to finish that after this story. Thank you so so much and please comment what ever comes in your mind. Thanks. You guys are awesome. :)