Save Steve, Save Bucky

Veronica's P.O.V: "Well that's the tricky part." Tony says. Steve just gives a confusing glance and Tony responds by saying, "You just rest up now okay Cap. I meant it. Don't get out of bed." "Tony I need to..." Steve begins as he tries to sit up but feels a sudden rush to his head and passes out.
"Steve!" Tony and I both scream as we run to his aid. "Go get a nurse okay Veronica?" Tony says as he listens to his heart. I just stand there doing nothing. Standing in shock. "There's no pulse and he's not breathing. I'm going to start CPR." Tony says as he begins. I still stand there. I can't believe it. We were so close and now Bucky's gone forever. No. No. Please Steve wake up. Please.
Tony turns to me and see tears falling down my face and is confused on why I'm still here. "Hey! You need to go and get a doctor or nurse. If we don't save Steve, he's not the only one that will die. Bucky will too. He'll stay gone and you'll never see him again. Now go!" Tony commands and I comply.
I run down the halls and can't find anyone. Finally a see a doctor and two nurses talking. I run up to them. "Excuse me, I need...I need your help. It's...it's my friend, Steve. He's not breathing and he needs..." I begin and pause in between my words due to a shortness of breath from running so long and fast. "Where is he?" The doctor says. I look at her name tag and it says Johnson. "He's in room...room..." I begin but can't remember the number. This is the worst time to have a Swiss cheese brain right now! Come on Veronica! Remember! "Well?" The doctor asks. "Um...room 9...room 109!" I say with a smile. Thank god I remembered...ish. "Follow me." Dr. Johnson said. I couldn't tell if she was talking to the 2 nurses next to us or me so I just followed anyway.
   We ran as fast as we could down the hall. One of the nurses called some other doctors and I could hear it on the intercom. Just hold o Steve. Just hold on.

Tony's P.O.V: "Okay Steve. You can do this. Just breathe. Breathe!" I say to him hoping that he can hear. All right start CPR Tony. Get his heart started again. We need to save Steve. Save Steve, save Bucky. That kinda sounded like it came from the show Heroes--"save the cheerleader, save the world". Wow wow wow. Now's not the time for jokes. Come on Tony.
   "Ready Steve? Okay I'm doing CPR to get your heart started again. Now once we save you..." I say in between the breathing and pushing on his chest, "...we can save Bucky. So you just got to hold on and come back to us. Then we can all be together again. Okay?" I don't speak and continue my task in silence for a second hoping, praying that he'll just open his eyes or his heart will start breathing again. But I don't get any response.
   "Come on Steve! Open your eyes! We can't lose you again! I can't lose you again! You make this team whole, you keep us together. You're our leader--our captain. Just open your eyes Cap. Just open your eyes." Just as I finish a woman with a lab coat rushes through the room with 2 nurses. I see Veronica come in close behind.
   "Excuse me sir." The doctor says and I move towards Veronica. "Okay, we're you doing CPR sir?" The doctor asked. "Yes. Uh yes. There was no response. He doesn't have a pulse and he...he's not breathing." I say. I just stand in the door way and watch helplessly. "We're going to use the defibrillator. Charge it." She says. And as they prep to shock I remember that he needs the highest charge in order to feel anything because of his serum. "He need the highest voltage." I say. "What? No that'll kill him. Won't it?" Veronica asks. "Please sir leave it to the professionals. Ready?" The doctor says and ignores all that I've said. I take a few step forwards to Steve who is now moved back into his bed. "Hey! My friend here will die if you don't do this. He's different. He's not like us. He's captain America and you know that he heals faster right?" I say and the doctor nods her head. "Okay so that's because he was injected with this super serum. It allows him to heal quickly, but it also makes it so that drugs like morphine or alcohol don't work on him. He burns it off too quickly. So if you even have a chance of starting up his heart again, you need to do the highest voltage."
   The doctor waits for a second and thinks she then orders to the two nurses, "Set it to the highest voltage." "But Doctor..." One of the nurses begins. "Do it!" She says and I smile. She looks at me and says, "I hope to God that you're right.", then turns her attention back towards Steve. Come on Steve! Come on!
   "Ready? Charge!" The doctor exclaims and shocks Steve. We see his body go up with the shock. "No pulse." The nurse says. "Again! Ready? Charge!" The doctor exclaims once again. Steve's body did what it did only a few seconds ago--his chest shot up and his pulse stayed down. "Nothing Doctor." The nurse said. "Set it again. Ready? Charge!" The doctor said with less hope each time. "Nothing still." The nurse said. "One more time. One more time." The doctor said. She turned to use again and asked, "what's your friend's name?" "Steve." Veronica said. I had my arm around her shoulder, both of us filled with fear and losing hope by the second. "Okay Steve. I'm Dr. Anne Johnson. Now you have your 2 friends here. One very nice man and a beautiful girl--possibly a girlfriend?" She begins and we chuckle in sadness. She continues, "so you need to hold on. Fight! This is all up to you. Fight Steve! Fight! Ready? Charge!" She exclaims for the last time and Steve's body shoots up. "Nurse?" Dr. Johnson asked. "We have a pulse. It's sinking into a sinuous rhythm." The nurse says and we all smile. Veronica and I give each other a great big hug. I can see the year falling down her face, no longer sad ones though. Thank god Steve. Thank god.