• Thirty Three •

From : Luke

Can we talk?

I woke up to a text from Luke. I looked around at the other 3 boys that were still sound asleep.

To : Luke

Of course. Do you want to meet up?

From : Luke

That'd be great! Park?

I agreed to meet him at the park in 10 minutes.

Quietly getting up from my spot on the couch, I stepped over Michael on the floor and headed upstairs. I didn't bother changing, so I just brushed my hair and teeth. After swiping on some deodorant, I threw on a jumper because it was quite chilly this morning.

I put on my shoes and grabbed my skateboard that I haven't used in forever. I walked out my door and skated my way down the street. I watched as the sun shined brightly and I could hear a few birds chirping. Smiling at the beautiful scenery, I finally arrived at the park.

I spotted the blonde haired boy on one of the swings, kicking his feet at the mulch. "Hey there, stranger." I kicked up my board, taking a seat on the swing next to him.

"Hi there." He looked up at me, smiling. I noticed a little black dot under his lip.

"Did you get your lip pierced?" I glanced at the small stud, then back to him. He nodded.

"Yeah." He brought his hand up to the back of his neck, rubbing it.

"Well it looks good on you" I smiled. I yanked up my sleeve, revealing my tattoo. Luke looked at it with wide eyes.

"You got a tattoo?" He gawked. I laughed, " Yeah, a while ago actually."

"Well it looks good on you." He mocked me with a grin. I pushed him, making him swing back. "So, I have been thinking about you. Us." He then said.

I looked at him, not saying anything. I didn't really know what to say for that matter. He took my hand, but I pulled away.

"Mackenzie..." He trailed off. "Look I know what I did was stupid, but can you please forgive me?"

I continued to be silent. My gaze went from his icy blue eyes, to my jet black shoes.

"Look, Luke." I finally spoke up. "I know what we had was special.."

Looking back up to him, I continued on. "I love you and I always will. You were my first love, my first time and there's nothing more special than that. I just, don't think it would be the right choice for me if we got back together. At least not now." I stood up off the swing, taking my skateboard in my hand.

"Wait." Luke grabbed my hand, spinning me around. "I'm sorry."

"I know." I gave him warm hand a tight squeeze before letting go and turning in the opposite direction.

Rolling the board on the concrete, I took off down the road back to my house full of 3 sleeping idiots.

I walked in to find that they had woken up, but weren't in the living room. Trailing into the kitchen, I found Ashton cooking some food and Michael reading the newspaper.

I blinked a few times, taking in the scene before me. "What the heck."

"Oh good morning!" Ashton cheered as he waved the spatula around before flipping a pancake.

"Michael, I have never seen you read a newspaper in your life." I looked at him with wide eyes. He looked up at me laughing.

"I'm not reading the news, silly! I'm reading the comics!"