• Nine •

Tuesday was a drag for me. Luke was by my side practically the whole day. The rest of the week was just as bad. All of the bad thoughts have gone away, well sort of. Chester will cross my mind every so often, and then they all come back. I try my best to push them to the back of my mind so I don't do anything stupid again.

Today is Friday, thank God. I'm in last period, science, with a random kid next to me. I haven't even bothered to learn his name even though it's almost the end of the school year. Luke was sat behind me. I could feel him burning a hole in the back of my head.

The bell rang and everyone ran out of class, including me. Today was the day Calum and I are going to hang out. It feels like forever since the last time, and I just want to feel close to him again.

I was putting my books in my locker, when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to come face to face with Calum. "Ready to go?" I nodded and closed my locker.

We walked out of the doors, passing every annoying kid in the school that I would love to just punch in the throat. We continued walking until we reached town, making little small talk about the usual things in life.

As we reached the diner, Calum and I sat down at our usual spot at the counter. I ordered a hamburger and Calum order the same.

"So what's the deal with you and Luke?" Calum questioned.

"What?"

"Oh don't pretend like there's nothing going on between you two." He wiggled his eyebrows like the idiot he is, and dug into his food.

I took a bite of my own and swallowed before saying, "Well I won't lie to you. I do feel something for him, but I'm not sure if it's a crush or if it's just from being around him so much lately. Like, you know how pretty much everyone will go through that phase of when you're friends with the opposite gender, you feel some attraction towards them?" I took another bite. Calum nodded.

"Yeah, like I did for you." I almost choked, again. "What? Cal, why did you never tell me this?"

"Well it went away in like 3rd year. Come on, it's not like we would have dated when we were 8!" 

"Oh my god, you are something. Anyways, that's just what's going on. I mean even if I did like Luke, I wouldn't take it far because Michael seems to not like him so much." I finished the rest of my food and started to finish my drink.

"Well in my opinion, Luke is a really cool guy. Don't rely on what Michael thinks. Ash and I are cool with him, Michael's just a dumbass sometimes and I don't understand what goes through that mind if his." Calum laughed.

"I love you, you know that?"

"Yeah, I know." He smiled.

We ended up just walking back to his place afterwards to watch some movies. Joy, his mum aka my go to mum, greeted us in the kitchen. "Mackenzie! How have you been?" She stopped reading her magazine for a second to give both of us a hug and a kiss. "I've good. How've you been? It feels like forever, I've missed you."

"I'm lovely, sweetie. I've missed you, too. Just remember, you're welcome here anytime." Joy smiled.

"Kenz, you can pic out some movies and I'm gonna go and get some pillows and blankets." I nodded as he headed up the stairs and into his room. I ended up picking out a couple of different movies, even a chick flick.

When Calum came back down with a shit ton of blankets, we piled them up and got comfortable as he put the first movie in, Despicable Me.

Before it started, we entered the kitchen and I popped some popcorn while he got the drinks. I miss this; I miss us. We used to do this all the time.