• Five •

CAN WE PLEASE JUST TALK ABOUT THE LIVE STREAM FOR A MOMENT. LIKE COME ON THEY WENT DOWN THE BUILDING IN THEIR DONT STOP COSTUMES. I WAS CRYING!!! AND THE AMNESIA LYRIC VIDEO IS PERFECTION AND THAT MADE ME START BAWLING BC THEIR FETUS PICTURES WERE ON THE WALL + THEM AND LIKE LUKE SANG THE ONE PART DLAXKWJAJ AND I SWEAR THE DANCING RABBIT WAS HARRY.

back to the story now

enjoy!

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

I woke up to strong arms wrapped around my waist. Knowing it was Luke, I snuggled in a little closer.

I lifted my head off of Luke's chest and took sight of him. I wondered to myself how I never noticed him before. He's amazing, I can't believe he would just help me after only knowing me for a couple of days.

Luke slightly stirred after a while and opened his eyes revealing bright blue irises. They were breathtaking. "Good morning." His morning voice was raspy and made me want to never let him go.

"Morning," I smiled and got out of bed. I found my way to Luke's bathroom and caught sight of my self in the mirror. I groaned at the sight of how disgusting I looked.

I took a spare tooth brush I found and brushed my teeth, taking away my nasty morning breath. I then pulled my hair back to wash my face, and brushing it out when I was done.

As Luke took his turn in the bathroom, everything came rushing back into my mind about last night. The note. Calling Luke. Finding Michael crying. Me practically knocking over every nurse to get to Chester. I was a mess. I still am. It's almost as if I was paralyzed because I could hear and see everything at the moment, but I couldn't get my body to move. That's when I felt more tears in my eyes at the thought of my brother.

Luke must have heard me crying, since he walked out of the bathroom and knelt in front of me.

"Luke?" He hasn't taken his eyes off me. "Yes?" I wasn't sure if this was the right thing to do because of the memories, but I couldn't stay here forever. "Can you take me home?"

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

I've been locked up in my room for the past week. I haven't eaten anything and I could tell I lost some weight. I haven't even found enough strength to shower. The only thing I've done is cry. The bathroom was even a struggle for me. I was still in Luke's clothes. I didn't want to change out of them because they still smelt faintly of his cologne.

I've missed a lot of school. If Mom and Dad were alive, they'd kill me for not going. I really didn't give a shit at the moment. I also haven't been to work either. Lauren's been covering my shifts and I feel bad for leaving her by herself.

There was a knock on my bedroom door. I guess I forgot to lock the house, but it's probably Calum or Michael. "Go away." I mumbled pulling the duvet over my head.

I didn't hear the door open, but next thing I knew, the sheets were thrown off of me and I came face to face with the only person I would want to see at the moment. "Aunt Jenny!" I squealed and jumped in her arms.

"What are you doing here? Where's Uncle Gavin?" I squeezed her tightly hoping that this wasn't my brain playing tricks on me. "Your uncle is back in America. He couldn't leave, even though he wanted to very much, because of his job." I frowned but soon smiled again because I haven't seen her in over a year. This was the first time I smiled, well showed emotion at all besides sadness, in a week. "The reason I'm here is because I figured you would be like this. I got a call from family services and they told me about Chester." I was instantly sad again.

"Hey, it's okay. Things like this happen. I'm here to help you get back on your feet. Well actually I'm here to ask if you would like a roommate?" She dropped the hint and I looked up at her in shock. "Roommate? Like you living here, with me?" She nodded "Well not just me, but Uncle Gavin too." I was so excited for this. "Yes! A million times, yes!" I screamed and ran around the room like I used to when I was little.

She laughed at me and sat on my bed, patting the seat next to her for me. "Well that's actually why he is still in America. He's going to ask for a job transfer to the building here." She explained. Now that she's mentioned American again, I can hear how her once thick aussie accent, has turned slightly american.

"That's great! So, when do we start moving you in?" She smiled. She's always been a happy person. Even when things like this happen. The worst I've ever seen her, was when Mom died. She was a wreck. Well actually she looked the way I do now.

"Hopefully next week! I mean, if that's okay with you?"

"Of course it's okay with me!" I cheered.

The rest of the day consisted of my Aunt and I talking about them moving in and how we were going to go through Chester's stuff. At one point, she even got me to shower and get dressed. This woman can do miracles.

She opened up Chester's door and I couldn't go in. I just, couldn't. It would be too painful. My aunt stood inside and took in the sight before her. I could see she held tears in her eyes, but kept them back so they wouldn't fall.

She gave me a light tug into the room and it looked just the way it did last week. Messy bed, clothes on the floor, random posters of football players. It also smelt faintly of his cologne he alway wore. I loved that smell. He would always say he didn't wear any and it was his "natural scent," but I found the bottle one day in his desk drawer and bragged about how I was right.

Jenny started to strip the sheets and fold them up nicely. "What're you doing?" She looked over at me. "I'm going to take everything out of here so that we can sort through it and it won't be as painful. Also this way, we could turn it into a guest room or something for when the funeral comes and family visits." I nodded and helped her out. I cleaned off the desk, putting his car keys in my pocket. I also put all of the pictures of us in a box so that I could put them in my room later.

About 4 hours had passed when we were finished. All what was left was about 25 boxes, a mattress, and a grey wall. We started to move the boxes into the hallway and I took some of them to my room so I could sort through them later.

It was now about 7:00 and I felt my stomach grumble for the first time in a week. "Hungry?" I asked Jenny. She nodded and I went into the kitchen to order us a pizza. I ended up ordering us 2 because we both knew each of us would eat a whole box.

I walked back into the room to see her holding up a picture. " Whatcha got there?" I asked walking closer. She turned it to me and I smiled remembering the day it was taken. It was our 14th birthday. We had all of our family there and I decided to smash Chester's face into his cake. It was so funny because you could see "World Cup" written across his forehead backwards from the icing.

The doorbell ran, telling us the pizza was here. Before I got a chance to pay, my aunt already brought the pizza in, putting her wallet in her pocket. We took a break from the sorting and ate. We talked about how everything was. My grades, which are probably going to become horrible from the missed work and her moving in.

At some point she fell asleep on the couch and I was on the roof. Not asleep, just... relaxing.

I had a conversation with Mom, Dad, and Chester while I was up there. He lied. He said he wouldn't have been in heaven, but I know he is. He was too good to not make it.

I climbed back into my room and threw on my pjs. I got into bed thinking about the upcoming weeks and how I'm soon going to be living with my favorite relatives. I love them so much and couldn't ask for anyone else to be moving in.