A Forgotten Friend

A Forgotten Friend

 'She left it all and headed towards the light'

Preview

I never thought that one day, I'll have to leave him. Forever. One day, I'll have to forget about all the times we spent together and leave everything behind. Forget our beautiful relationship. True, pure and innocent friendship of seven years was now going to be forgotten as today, I was leaving for London. It seemed like yesterday only it was the first day of school and his mother had given him, her famous chocolate cake for lunch while my mother gave me normal Nutella bread. That day I felt so bad that his mother gave him such nice lunch but mine didn't. Little did I know that one day I would have to leave this boy forever. Leave my best friend forever.

"I'm gonna miss you, Rach. Please don't go!" He implored.

"I'm gonna miss you too, Eddie!"

"Promise me, that we'll stay best friends forever no matter what happens." He said.

"I promise."

We did our pinky-promise and looked into each others eyes. His eyes were filled with sadness and I remembered of all those days we spent together. When I got to know that we were leaving Beckenham, Edward and I were inseparable. We wanted to make most of those few months and we practically lived at each others place and didn't leave each others company.

The thought of leaving him and moving to a totally new and strange city scared me. It gave me this weird, spooky feeling. I didn't want to leave my best friend, my only friend, here in Beckenham. I didn't want to leave him but I had to. My father had been posted in London and we had to shift there. There was no guarantee that we'd come back.

"Come on, Rachel. We have to leave. Aren't you going to say bye to Edward and his family, for the last time?" asked my dad. Seeing the doleful expression on my dad's face, I could tell that he would miss this town as much as I would. He and Edward's dad, David were bestfriends since childhood and we all practically lived like a big family. We were next door neighbours. I was the only child while Edward had a younger sister, Ashley. It was a sin that I had to leave him and his wonderful family.

Edward's ocean blue eyes filled with tears and so did my green ones. I couldn't muster up the courage to say goodbye to him and his family. But I had to, even if I didn't want to. I hugged him tightly for the last time and squeezed the life out of him but he didn't complain. Instead, he squeezed me back just as tightly, as if ensuring me that he would miss me as much as I would. He was a bit shorter than me so I had to bend my knees to hug him. After pulling out of the tight embrace, he kissed me on the cheek, surprising me and said goodbye.

I went to his mom, who pulled me into a tight hug. I then went to the three-year old toddler, Ashley and planted a kiss on her forehead, telling her that I'd miss her and lastly I went to his dad who again pulled me into a tight hug. My parents bid their goodbyes to the Knight family and we headed towards the taxi which was going to take us to our new abode in London.

I sat on the backseat and pulled down the taxi's window. Edward ran after the car.

"Promise me, you'll call me every single day." He said while running.

"I promise, I will. Goodbye, Edward."

With that we left our neighbourhood and Edward behind and headed towards London.

I was going to start a new life without my best friend in a whole new city. It was going to be a challenge. But I was going to deal with it.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hey Guys!

A/N

Hey guys! Please don't be a silent reader, do vote and comment because every vote counts. I hope you like my story. This chapter is more of a preview since I wanted to know if its really worth it or not. If I get good enough reads, I'll probably continue it. Do tell me about your views.

I deleted my previous story since I wasn't sure about continuing it. But now I've decided to write a new story, hope you like it.

Ps- I love these 'best-friends-falling-in-love' stories so I planned on writing this one.

fabgirl1998