A Forgotten Friend | Forever and Always

'I love you forever, forever and always.'

A Forgotten Friend | Forever and Always

My boyfriend?

What is he talking about?

"Eric, could you please wait for me inside? I'll be there in few minutes." I said, I then turned to face Edward and said through gritted teeth, "And as for you, Edward. We. Need. To. Talk."

Eric left us alone in the back garden and I felt my anger boiling. Why was he being so rude? Why doesn't he like Eric? And most of all, why did he call himself my boyfriend?

"Edward, what were you saying? Since, when are you my boyfriend. You have no right to talk my fr-" I never got to complete my sentence as Edward placed his fingers on my lips.

"Shh.." he said, "Enough. Now, I'm gonna speak and you are going to listen to me. Rachel, what should I say? I've missed you all these years. We used to talk almost everyday, on phone but then we stopped since we both grew up and got busy with our lives. I felt lonely and depressed without your company. I made no other friends. I didn't want anyone but you, Rach. Some of my classmates would even tease me for sulking over a girl. But I couldn't help it, I was in love with my best friend and I had lost her."

I went back to the days when we used to talk everyday and discuss everything we did at school. It hurt a lot, to talk to him. I would cry almost everyday. I felt very lonely without my best friend around. And did he just say that he was in love with me?

"But I had to change this attitude to survive in high school. I changed into this completely different guy, whom girls would adore and guys would look up to. I dated many girls to take my mind off you but I couldn't. They, in some way or the other, reminded me of you. And when I got to know that we were shifting here, I can't explain how thrilled I was! I was really excited to meet you again, I was really excited to see the person, I've loved for so many years. But I feel ashamed of myself. I feel abashed. How could I not recognise you? The days we spent, the games we played, I remember everything but I couldn't recognise the person. I feel completely demeaned. I'm sorry, I couldn't recognise you. But after spending time with you, I realised that I cannot remain just friends with you. I want to be more." he took a deep breath and continued.,"I want you to be mine because I love you, Rachel. I really love you. I want you to hold my hand not his. I want you to talk to me not him. I'd keep you happy, Rach. Please, be mine. I love you, Rachel."

I could feel tears in my eyes. His little speech left me speechless. The boy whom I've loved for so long, loves me back. What else could have I asked for? I couldn't move an inch, this moment was just surreal.

"I love you too, Eddie." I said, I finally got the courage to express my feelings and form a sentence. "I always have and I always will."

Edward took a sigh in relief. "What? You weren't sure if I loved you back?" I asked.

"This time, I wasn't."

He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me towards him. I slipped my arms around his neck .

"What are we supposed to do now?" I asked now innocently. I very well knew, we were supposed to kiss.

"Just follow my lead." he whispered.

Before I could say anything, he leaned forward and pressed his lips against mine. I was being kissed for the first time and it felt amazing. The kiss absolutely pure and magical.

My first kiss took place in an absolutely romantic setting with the person I loved, with fairy lights and fountain around us. I wanted this day to last forever.

* * *

After the confession, we both headed inside with a massive grin on our faces. I am sure, we were looking like a couple madly in love.

The rest of the dinner went great. The moment, we had entered the living room, Sarah immediately figured that something happened between the two of us. She knew me so well.

She dragged me to a corner and asked for all the details. I had already told her that Edward and I used to be best friends.

"Edward confessed that he is in love with me." I whispered.

"I knew it," she whisper-screamed, "I so, knew it! The way you two looked at each other, I could tell that you two were madly in love with each other. And you two look so cute together. I'm so happy for you, Rach."

"Was it that obvious? And what's up with you and Eric? You two seem to get along well, huh." I said.

She blushed a little and said, "I- I kinda....like him."

I giggled at her embarrassed face.

"The first time I talked to him, I thought he was perfect for you. With the good looks and the charm, he's your ideal man." I said, while wiggling my eye brows.

She blushed a bit more."Let's go and have some dessert." i said, "You must try it. Edward and I have made it."

"Yeah, I'd love to have it."

With that we headed towards the dining area where the desserts were kept. I took a muffin and some fruit salad.

Not to brag or anything but I made some good muffins. And Edward did a pretty good job in cutting the fruits perfectly.

I saw Edward on the other side of the room and when our eyes met, he sent a wink my way. I blushed a little and continued savouring the muffin.

After having the desserts, my parents gathered everyone in the living room where all the sofas had been pushed backwards to clear the area.

"Thank you everyone for coming and attending this small party. I'd request all of you to come on this apparent dance floor." said my dad.

A song started playing and everyone started dancing. Edward came and stood beside me.

He whispered into my ear, "M' lady, may I have this dance?"

"Sure."

With that, we danced the whole night and it felt absolutely perfect in his arms.

I had never thought that a girl like me would end up with a perfect boy like him.

I'm glad that I met him. I'm glad that he shifted here and I went to his house for that project.

If I hadn't, we wouldn't have been standing here, in each other's arms.

If I hadn't, I highly doubt I'd have gotten this extremely happy ending.

*The End*

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

A FORGOTTEN FRIEND is officially over!

A BIG thank you to all of you for commenting and voting. Edward and Rachel's story wouldn't have been complete without you guys. This moment is absolutely amazing!! I can't believe that I have just finished a book. I would like to thank all the fans who have voted as well as commented on my story and to all the silent readers who took out time to read my story. Thanks for sticking with this story and help me getting a rating!! :D

Thank you so much! I Love You, All!!! :*

I'm really sad that this story has come to an end....

But please do spread the word!! It would mean a lot. Also, I have posted a bonus chapter!! Do check it out! :D

This is the last time, I'm asking you this-

Please vote AND comment.

NOW is the time if you never have!

xoxo

fabgirl1998 :)

Ratings-

Short Story- #96

Ps- it took me an hour to finalise and write Edward's speech. Please do excuse the cheesiness! ;)

Stay AWESOME.