A Forgotten Friend | Bonus Chapter

'Love has finally showed her my way.'

A Forgotten Friend | Bonus Chapter

Edward's POV

I cannot believe this.

Never in my wildest dreams had I ever thought that this beautiful girl will be mine. Never had I imagined that she'll love me back.

Rachel.

My Best Friend. My Girlfriend. My partner in crime. I cannot imagine my life without her. These past eight years have been so tough for me, not being around her made me feel incomplete. Even though I was kid when she left Beckenham, I loved her. She had been by my side always.

Today, I finally got the guts to admit my feelings. I had tried to confess earlier but was always interrupted by someone. But a part of me was scared that she might not love me back.

When I saw her with Eric, I just couldn't control myself. I was so furious, anger was boiling within me. I couldn't stand a boy being close to her and holding her hand. But I guess, if it hadn't been him, I would've have never got the courage to confess her my feelings.

I had a grabbed a lot of attention on my first day and even got selected for the football team but everything changed when I bumped into a girl, I knew there was something familiar about her but I had never thought that it would be Rachel.

And damn, she looked so beautiful that day in that purple blouse and jeans of hers. She may not consider herself to be pretty but for me, she is the prettiest girl I have ever met.

If it hadn't been that English project, I would've never got to know about her. I would have been in the darkness, without knowing the truth. That day, when her mother came to visit my mom, everything changed. I got my best friend back, fell in love with her again and finally made her my girlfriend.

Life couldn't be more perfect. She's everything I could've ever asked God for.

Right now, we are dancing in the living room of the Taylor's household. All the couples around us are swaying along with the music in their lover's arms. I'm loving the position we are in, her hands around my neck and my arms around her waist, holding her securely. I just do 't want to let go..

"Ed, let's go to the park!" exclaimed Rachel.

"Yeah, let's go."

We sneaked out of the party and headed towards the park. It had now become our favourite hang-out spot. We would come here to complete our project and during our free time. I loved spending time with her and didn't mind ditching my plans with the other

friends at school.

We finally found a place to sit by the lake. The reflection of the moon on the lake was beautiful. There was a cool breeze blowing and faint sounds of cars could be heard. It felt amazing, sitting with Rachel in this perfect setting. I looked up a the sky, it was filled with stars. I loved watching the night sky as the stars would always make me happy. They would remind me of my childhood days, when Rachel and I would lay on the grass at my backyard and stare at sparkling stars for hours.

I glanced down and turned my head to look at Rachel. She too was mesmerised by the beauty and a beautiful smile was playing on her lips. Gosh, I love this girl so much.

While staring at the sky, she said, "Do you remember how we used to stare at the night sky in your backyard?" she then faced me continued, "Those were the best days."

Her eyes resembled the stars as they were twinkling in the dark. "Yeah, they were. Without any worries in the world, we would live our life to the fullest. But as we grew up, things got a lot more complicated, we got separated..."

"Yeah," she said quietly.

I've been with so many girls in the past, just to take my mind off her but have failed. She was always on my mind, all day all night. And now, all this doesn't seems to be so surreal. For, I am not used to her presence.

"Have I ever told you how much I love you?" I asked.

She nodded her head, whispering no.

"I love you so, so much. You are my life, Rach. Please, don't ever leave me." I said.

"I'll never leave you, Edward. Even if I'd want to, I wouldn't be able to." she said with a smile and placed her head on my lap.

I stroked her hair gently and said, "Sorry for acting so stupidly back then."

She turned her head to face me, looking puzzled, she asked me,"When?"

"When I acted very rudely with Eric and thought of him being your boyfriend." I answered, slightly embarrassed.

She let out a small laugh and said, "Yeah, you were being very rude to him but it was funny how you thought of him him being my boyfriend. The look on your face was priceless."

"Are you teasing me?" I asked with a smirk playing on my face.

She looked a bit puzzled but then colour drained from her face when she realised what I was about to do. Before she could react or respond, I started tickling her. It was her biggest weakness and I took the full advantage of it. She was laughing so hard that she couldn't for coherent sentences.

"I...will...kill....you" she said in between fits of laughter. Her laugh was like music to my ears and was really enjoying this. But when I saw her feeling so helpless, I stopped.

She gave me a death glare and I grinned sheepishly. Her anger faded away as a smile was starting to form on her soft lips.

"I hate you." She said and then cracked a smile.

"I love you, too."

Her smile is mesmerising and the way she turns red and her nose crinkles whenever she's embarrassed, takes my breath away. I feel like the luckiest boy in this planet, to have Rachel by my side.

_________________________________________________

Hey guys!

Did you like the bonus chapter? Now I won't bother you anymore. :P

I don't know how I did because I'm really bad at writing in guy's point of view. If you found this a bit girly then please do let me know. I would try to make changes.

Thank you so much for reading. :D

Stay awesome.

fabgirl1998

Oh, I forgot!! Vote, Comment or Follow!

~~~

The phrases in the beginning of every chapter have been taken from the following songs-

Prologue- Curse by Imagine Dragons

Chapter 1- Fallin' For You by Colbie Caillat

Chapter 2- Too Late by 5 Seconds of Summer

Chapter 3- Domino by Jessie J

Chapter 4- Clarity by Zedd ft. Foxes

Chapter 5- Superman by Taylor Swift

Chapter 6- Call My Name by Cheryl Cole

Chapter 7- Fallin' For you by Colbie Caillat

Chapter 8- All Of The Stars by Ed Sheeran

Chapter 9- I Wish by One Direction

Chapter 10- Superman by Taylor Swift

Chapter 11- All Too Well by Taylor Swift

Chapter 12- Teenage Dream by Katy Perry

Chapter 13- Forever and Always by Parachute

Chapter 14- Marry Me by Train