A Forgotten Friend | Call me Maybe?

'I got three little words that I've always been dying to tell you.'

A Forgotten Friend | Call me Maybe?

The rest of the day at school went well except the part, that by the end of the day, almost hundreds of students, who had never bothered to acknowledge me, asked me whether I was dating Edward or not. The answer to that question was obviously a big NO but deep down, I wanted it to be a yes. Deep down, I wanted to date Edward.

A girl can dream, right?

Edward had asked me during the lunch, if I could stay back and watch him practice so that we could hang out at my place afterwards. I had obviously agreed to his offer and here I was sitting on the bleachers, waiting for the practice to get over. Since, today was the last day at school before the summer break, most of the students were hanging out after school. Brittany, the head-cheerleader, had even thrown a party at her mansion to celebrate the last day of school. The whole school was invited but Edward decided to stay with me instead of going to the party. Sweet, isn't it? For him, it's not a big deal but for me, it is.

After his practice got over, we went to my place and decided to watch a few movies.

"So, which movie do you want to watch today?" I asked Edward.

"Well, I want to watch a horror movie." he said but then he quickly added,"only if it's fine with you."

"Oh, yeah. Which one?" I asked.

"Great! What about Grudge 2?"

"Okay, that's fine with me." I said simply.

I hate horror movies. They scare me to hell. So I decided to close my eyes and snuggle under the blanket but that plan didn't work out because the sounds were so scary. I ended up hugging Edward and burying my head into his shoulders. Edward obviously knew that I hate horror movies and asked to watch it purposely so that he could make fun of me. While I was hugging him, I could feel his chest moving up and down because he was laughing at me but I didn't care because I was too scared.

* * *

It's been weeks since we both have gotten together and it feels like we've been together for years, just like old times. Since our break has started, we've been hanging out almost everyday. Somedays he'd be over at my place and somedays, i'd be at his. We would take some time for the english project but since we already know so much about each other, we don't ask questions. We just shoot videos for our presentation. It has been quite tough for me to control my feelings around him. He'd plant a kiss on my cheek before leaving and would also say, 'I love you' but then again, we are just friends and it's what we used to do when we were young.

"Hey, Rach! Can I ask you something?" asked Edward. We were lying on his bed, staring at the ceiling. We had just come back from the mall since I had to buy a dress for a party that my family was organising this coming weekend.

"Yeah, shoot." I said.

"Why were you ignoring me when I came to your school, especially the second day?" he asked.

I immediately turned my head to look a his beautiful face, his eyes were full of curiosity. "Uh.. Edward, I've already told you that I thought you didn't remember me and.. and wouldn't want to be friends with a nerd, like me." I said, "But I've told you earlier also that I regret that decision. I was stupid to think like that, I shouldn't have ignored you and I'm really sorry."

"Rach, it takes a lifetime to forget someone especially when that someone used to be your bestfriend. I could never forget you. You are like the best thing that has ever happened to me. That's sounds cheesy but it's the truth, Rach. How could you ever think that I, your best friend, will forget you? I love you, Rachel."