A Forgotten Friend | Dumb Decisions and Reminiscing Past

'I see you but I always hesitate.'

A Forgotten Friend | Dumb Decisions and Reminscing Past

He is my Eddie.

MY Eddie.

My Best Friend.

I would've never imagined Edward being here, in London.  I just wanted to run to him and hug him and tell him that I missed him.

I got up from my chair and started walking towards his table that's when I realised that he was sitting at the 'popular table.'

I should've known. I should've known that he'd become a part of the it-group. I mean, he was good-looking and had grabbed a lot of attention on his first day of school, so he ought to be a part of this table. It wouldn't surprise me if he started dating one of the bimbo cheerleaders.

I couldn't walk up to him and tell him that he's my childhood best friend. I mean, that would ruin his new found reputation. Cause lets face it, who would like to be seen with the school's nerd? And what if he didn't remember me and accept me as a friend? I just can't embarass myself and him like that.

So I turned to head back to my table to continue with my lunch and that's when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see the source but I was met with those same ocean blue eyes that I remembered all too well.

"Hey! I saw you coming here. May I help you?" He asked.

"Um.. No! I was just going back to my seat." I said, while pointing towards my seat. "I should go." I turned on my heel and started walking towards my table.

"Wait!"

On turning around, I asked, "Yeah?"

"What is your name?" Asked Edward.

He didn't remember me. At all.

I didn't know what to do! Should I tell him or not? He's just asking my name, not my bio-data.

Shut up, Brain.

And that's when I did the stupidest thing, ever.

I ran.

Yes, I ran out of the cafeteria. I must've gone crazy! I mean, who does that? He just asked me my name and I ran.

I feel like the dumbest person alive on this planet.

When I reached the mid empty hallways, I didn't know what to do. I didn't even have my lunch! Just because of my stupidity. So, I went into the nearest restroom and locked myself in one of the stalls. I replayed the events that took place in the cafeteria.

How could he not remember me?

And why the hell did I run?

This just proved that I cannot think properly under pressure. I unlocked the door of my stall and washed my face. The bell rang, signalling the end of lunch. I went to my locker to grab the books for my next class. My next period was Chemistry. I liked Chemistry unlike Physics. I just hated Physics to the core. I wasn't good at it all maybe that's why I hated it.

I sat on my usual seat  in the middle of the classroom. Mr. Brown, our chemistry teacher, entered the room and started scribbling some formulae on the board.

Chemistry went good as we started a new chapter. But the next period was Maths. I didn't exactly hate maths but I wasn't a fan of it. 

Algebra was quite boring but Mrs. Mebbin as the teacher, it became even more boring. She made it look more of a sleeping class. With the intention of not paying attention to her montonous teaching, I headed towards the classroom. Hey, I was a nerd but I did dislike a few teachers. It is not like all the nerds love all the subjects taught in school, like they show in movies. We also have a life. And I don't wear those huge spectacles its just that I'm an A-grade student and that's why I'm considered a nerd.

As I entered the classroom, I saw Edward sitting at the back of the classroom. So instead of sitting in my usual seat which was unfortunately next to Edward's. I took Zara's seat since I knew she wouldn't mind and also she seems crazy about him. Zara is a good friend of mine but she's a part of the it-group. Unlike others, she isn't rude and mean. She is quite sweet and is always ready to help others.

I slid into her seat and opened up my textbook and started completing my Maths homework . Due to the new project given in History, i was unable to complete my homework so i started doing it in class. Mrs. Mebbin was quite particular about the homework submission on time.

Zara entered after a while and her eyes widened when she saw me sitting on her seat and a seat next to Edward empty.

Realisation struck her and she mouthed me a, 'thank you.' I gave her a small smile and went back to completing my homework.

Mrs. Mebbin solved a few questions and then the bell rung. I got up to leave for my next class.

Today was quite an eventful day as I saw my best friend after eight years. Even though we had promised that we'd call each other every day, we didn't.

We would chat on phone on alternate days. Later the phone calls became once week, month and then slowly we got so busy with school that we didn't bother to call each other. I still remember the last time I had talked to him. He told me that he missed me and wanted to see me badly but we both knew that wouldn't happen. His words would hurt, since I knew that I would never be able to see him again. But today, when I saw him, I realised how much I missed him and our little talks. All the games we used to play, all the songs we used to sing, all the birthday parties we used to attend, I remembered them all so well that I wanted to run to him and tell him that I missed him all along and that he is my childhood best friend. But I couldn't. I couldn't muster up the courage to tell him.

As I entered my empty house, since my mom and dad were at work, I went to my bedroom and changed into my sweatpants and oversized t-shirt. I went to the living room to watch a movie. Since it was a Friday, it was my movie day. I loved watching movies but I avoided the emotional ones since i didn't like crying much over movies because if I'd watch one, I'd end up crying like a lost baby. I loved chick-flicks as they usually revolved around high school where a popular guy falls for a nerd. They are so sweet and funny at the same time. They are cliche and I love them.

I decided to watch Mean Girls and I didn't realise when sleep over took me. Maybe it was the exhaustion that made me feel sleepy.

I might have slept for quite a few hours since the sound of the doorbell woke me up. I got to open the door and in came my mom. I checked the time it was 7pm. Wow! I slept for like three hours. My neck was aching due to the awkward position in which I was sleeping.

After an hour, my dad came from a meeting with a client. Since our house was quite big, my dad had an office here and would often work from home unless he had a meeting with a client at some fancy restaurant.

As soon as my dad came, dinner was served. We had our dinner and talked about how our day was. I did not tell my parents that Edward was back. I thought that they knew since my dad and David, Edward's dad are like best friends. But what really bothered me that they didn't even tell me that his famiy is here. They know how much I miss him. Maybe they forgot to tell me.

After having dinner, I went to my room. I started thinking of ways to avoid him. Earlier, during the maths period, I could practically feel his eyes burning holes at the back of my head. Maybe he was still a bit shocked about my running away and ignorance. Maybe he was not used to being ignored since everyone in school now, adore him.

Or did he finally figure out about me?

Only time will tell what he knows. I just hope that he figures out himself than me telling him about it. If he doesn't really remember me then it will be really awkward.

Tomorrow's gonna be a long day and I have to ignore him at any cost.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys!

Hope you liked the chapter! I know it was quite boring but the story will get interesting in the next chapters. Please give me a chance. I'd appreciate your comments and corrections.

Please vote and comment.

fabgirl1998