1

Jade

"Jade! Come on, let's go!" My mom says, dragging me out of bed. "I don't want to" I whine. "Come on Jade! Stop being a baby!" She shouts. "Look, I don't even care about Nash and his stupid magcon tours," I say. She crosses her arms over her chest. "Then do it for Hayes". I shrug. "Look, they chose to leave. That's not my problem and it never will be".

I get out of bed and walk to the bathroom. Nash left after our little sister Skylynn died. She had the measles, but mom thought it was just chickenpox. A little after Nash left, Hayes left. They have been going on some stupid tours and doing stupid things all because of their stupid app Vine.

Today mom, dad, and Will were going to go see Nash at a show out here in North Carolina. He was coming home for a little bit with his two best friends Cameron and Taylor. Hayes was already here. She was trying to drag me along. I haven't been to not one of any of his shows. I don't care for them. I've met his friends because he always brings them home, but as I said, I don't go to any of his shows or any events.
---
"Jade! We're home!" Mom yells from downstairs. I don't answer. Instead, I just put my headphones on. Ever since Skylynn died, I have been taking dance a lot more serious. She loved to see me dance, and so I owe it to her to succeed in it. Plus, it lets me get away from reality for a little bit.

I hear a knock on my room door. A second later my mom walks in. I see bodies behind her so I know that Nash and his friends are here. She walks over to me and takes one of the buds out of my ear. "The boys are here," she says, nodding over to the four boys standing in my doorway.

"Hi Will," I say. The only one I really talk to is Will. He's the only one who understands me. My mom puts her hands on her hips. "Don't be rude Jade" she warns. I sigh and wave to the other boys. "There, you happy?" I ask. She rolls her eyes. She walks out of my room. Will follows after her. Nash, Cameron, and Taylor still stand in my doorway. "Can I help you?" I ask.

"Am I going to get hello?" Nash questions. "Did I not wave?" I scoff. Nash just walks out with his two little minions following after him.