6

I wake up the next morning and expect to be in my bed. Instead, I'm in a slightly more comfortable one with purple sheets on it. Disgusting. I feel like I'm trapped in a 10-year-olds room. I get out of bed and walk over to my carry on bag. It had my toothbrush in it. I walk out of the room and walk downstairs to that bathroom. I don't feel like walking in on somebody today. Maybe another time. And then ill tweet it out. Sounds like a good plan to me.

Two people were sitting on the couch. One was my brother and the other one was a girl with really puffy and curly red hair. This must be Mahogany. The girl that my mom babbles about all the time. How nice. I try to walk past them but fail miserably when Nash says my name. I turn around. He and the girl had smiles on their faces. Those were soon to be gone.

"Yes, that's my name. Is there something I could help you with?" I ask with as much attitude as possible. They both just kept smiling. "Jade, this is Mahogany". Nash introduces. "Oh, I really didn't know that," I say, sarcastically. I turn around and continue walking towards the bathroom.

---

I was laying in my bed when someone knocked on my door. "Come in," I said. In came Cameron. He had a smile on his face and something in his hand. Two pieces of paper. It looked like movie tickets. I didn't know and I don't care.

"So, I bought two tickets to the movies but Mahogany turned me down. Do you wanna go?". He literally just told me a paragraph in two sentences. "So I'm just the second choice, huh?". Of course, I was joking around. I couldn't care less. But he took it seriously.

"No, no, no. You were actually my first choice, but I figured you wouldn't want to go with me so-" but I cut him off. "Calm down. I was just joking. lord". Cameron lets out a nervous chuckle. "Oh" is all he says.

We stand there for just a few moments until I speak up. "Let's go then, dummy". I had to put a little bit of sassiness in my sentence. I've been too nice already. Cam looks at me and smiles. "Right," he says. I grab my leather jacket before we walk out. It was a little windy outside and I don't feel like getting sick.

---

The car ride was mostly silent. Whenever he would try to talk to me I would pretend like I couldn't hear him because of my headphones. It was a little bit of a long drive to the movies. I think we were going into the city or something. Maybe. I don't know.

Once I feel the car stop completely, I look up from my phone. I was looking at Will's Instagram page. He had a game tonight. I was a little sad because of the picture he posted. It was an old picture. A picture of when Skylynn went to his game for the first time ever. She was 2 years old.

"We are here," Cameron says. I look out the window and at the beautiful lights. Hollywood was gorgeous at night. Everything was lit up and there were people everywhere. This is so my thing. This is so me. How did Cameron know I would like this? He doesn't even know me. No one does. Apart of me is really glad though. I thought no one would ever understand me, and yet, here I am. With a boy I never in a million years I thought I would be with. Or even want to look at.

"So I'm guessing you like it?" Cameron says, smiling at my wide eyes. They were filled with adornment. "Don't get too amped up. Hope the movie that you picked wasn't shitty" I say, walking towards the movie theater. Cameron jogs to catch up with me. I had to say something bitchy. I can't be too nice. Then he'll start thinking that we are cool and that we are friends, but we aren't. He is Nash's friend and I don't want anything to do with Nash or his stupid dumb annoying friends or events or shows, whatever they are called.
---
Turns out that the movie was actually really good. It was some scary movie I can't remember the name to. Anyways, it doesn't matter. I couldn't wait to go home and plan a way to get back here tomorrow.

"Do you want to do anything else?" Cameron asks once we got in the car. He obviously didn't want to go back to the house. I frown. "Trying to get away from Nash, huh?" I joke. Can laughs. "Hey, your brother is cool. Just give him a chance" Cameron says. She was that cheesy kind of serious. You know the one where they have a smile on their face, their tone is between kind, serious and joking. It annoys me so much.

"Can we go get some Cinnamon buns?" I ask, ignoring his statement and changing the subject. Cameron is really cool. I actually like him as a friend. I just can't tell him that. Then he'll think I'm being nice, and it won't turn out good.