2

Jade

I walk downstairs since dinner was ready. I sit down next to the place where Skylynn used to sit all the time. Nobody has sat there since she passed.

"Alright, so I have rice, steak and corn" my mom announces. I just roll my eyes. Once we pass the food all around the table, mom asks how my week in school was.

"It was okay, I guess," I say. "Tell me about it" dad adds. I look at him with complaining eyes. Mom gives me a death glare. "Fine. Well on Monday I skipped science to go to the mall. Tuesday I had a show at dance that I didn't tell you about. On Wednesday I slept over Karen's house while you guys were at Vidcon with Nash. That's it" I say, with a smirk.

"You did what?!" My mom yells. "What part?" I smirk. "Go to your room and eat up there" she shouts. "Oh thank god," I say. I grab my plate, wink at the boys and walk up to my room.

I get a face time call from my best friend Karen. I answer and see she's running. "What'd you do?" I ask. "Me, Sarah and Diana are playing tag," she tells me. "Oh, where?" I ask. "Park". I smirk. "See you there".

I climb out the window. The park was only 5 blocks away. I could walk there, but I choose to run just because.
---
"Jade, you're getting a phone call," Karen tells me. We were all at the handball court now. It was across the street from Will's house. Speaking of Will... "Hello?" I answer. "Jade, where are you?" He asks. "Across the street from you," I say. Will breaths heavily through the phone. Like he was running before. "Okay well come. I told mom you were at my place and they're coming over now" he explains. I roll my eyes.

I don't feel like hearing my moms mouth so I decided to listen to Will. I leave Sarah, Karen, and Diana in the court, smoking, while I walk across the street to the apartment complex. I've tried a cigarette before. I didn't like it, so I never tried it again. I only smoke hookah and that's when I go to parties. It's not an everyday thing.

I ring Will's doorbell from downstairs. He asks who it is through the intercom. "Your mom," I say. He chuckles and buzzes me in. I love our relationship. We are your brother and sister goals.

I take the elevator to his floor. Once I get out, I walk to his door which he left a crack open for me. I walk in and lock the door behind me. He was pouring himself and I water in the kitchen. I sit down on his couch and flip through the TV channels. I land on Transformers and pause it. It had just started. This is Will's and I favorite movie to watch together.

"Water?" He offers. I take the glass from his hand and take a sip. "How come your tap tastes so damn good, and ours taste so damn bad?" I ask. Will shrugs. "Because everything I own is magic".
---
A few minutes later, the doorbell rings. Will and I look at each other. I just roll my eyes before he gets up. Why does she always have to ruin my fun?

In she stomps, my dad, Nash, Taylor, Cameron, Hayes and Will behind her. Will takes his spot he was in before. Mom hovers over me, her arms crossed on her chest. "So you snuck out?" She asks. I was going to say something when Will cut me off. "No mom, I told her to come over so we could see transformers. You know, our favorite movie" Will covers up. At this point, I don't even care.

"Will, you don't have to lie for me. Look, the truth is that I snuck out to be with Karen, Sarah, and Diana. Happy? I told the truth" I say.

My mom doesn't say anything, but I know she wants me to follow her out that door. I wave at Will and he gives me a nervous glance. She's always like this, she's not going to really do anything. She can't even take my phone because I pay for it, so yeah.