Prologue

"Get out of here!" I ordered my team through an earpiece as I barely dodged a flaming piece of ceiling that fell from above.

"Where are you? We're not leaving you!" I heard Peter's voice as a wall of flame stood in front of me, and I had to stop brutally to avoid it.

"I can get out by myself, just go!" I ordered, covering my eyes from the smoke that rose from the flame.

"Belle, I'm not leaving you." Jack, my eighteen year old boyfriend stated, but the sound was muffled and full of static. "Where are you?"

"I'm-" I was cut off as smoke entered my lungs, and I started coughing roughly.

"Belle!" Jane exclaimed, and I heard another explosion as I saw somebody stumbling in front of me.

"You have orders. You have Lenny, so just go! I'll be fine!" I breathed weakly, trying to get to the person in front of me. Lenny was the one the Russians kidnapped for the American weaponry in Area fifty-one, the reason we were here in the first place. This is what I did for work. And now my team had to surprise-attack this base, and one thing led to another and the place was on fire and crumbling to the ground.

My team was out; I just didn't know if I was going to.

"Milo and Jane are taking Lenny back. We're not leaving until you're with us." Alex's voice rang in my ears, but I didn't like the sound of that. I was stationed to look for Lenny in the basement, but there were lots of people I half expected to be down here, and I've knocked out or shot pretty much everyone down here. "Nobody's dying. Not this time."

"I'm coming." Jack stated, and I smiled slightly before coughing out more smoke.

"I love you." I breathed, but I stopped as the person in front of me pulled out a gun and aimed at me.

"I love you too." He stated, but I was too focused on the woman in front of me.

"Tori?" I asked, not reaching for my gun because she was on our side, but wasn't part of my team. She's been working with us for three months now and was four years older than me. "Tori, I thought you got out of here."

"Thought I got out of here?" She asked, and I nodded. We weren't getting anywhere and this whole place was coming down.

"Yes, we need to get out! The Russians can't fight, so put the gun down and let's get out of here!" I shrieked, a piece of flaming ceiling coming in between us.

"You're such an idiot." She stated, revealing her Russian accent and cocking the gun back, loading it. "I was never on your side."

I took a step back and processed what I heard. "You… traitor." I breathed as the door on the right side of the room was kicked down, and I saw Jack run in, looking over at us.

"Belle!" Jack exclaimed as Tori pivoted towards him, aiming it at him now.

"Jack, look out!" I screamed as the gun sounded, and the bullet flew across the room. My eyes followed it as it hit Jack in the chest, and I couldn't hear my own scream or anything around me as I watched him fall. Next thing I felt was my own gun and loading it. "You betraying bitch!" I whimpered as the gun sounded and I saw a bullet go through Tori's head.The last thing she did was scream before falling to the floor, but I was focused on Jack.

"Jack!" I cried, trying to get over to him, but I didn't hear more pieces from the ceiling coming down, and it thrashed my shoulder and back, and I fell to the ground. "Jack…" I coughed, crawling towards him, digging my hands into the ground, but I couldn't reach him.

"Belle, hold on!" Peter ordered, but my eyes were flickering open and closed because of the smoke.

"Get… Jack…" I breathed as I saw the outline of Peter run into the room and over to me, and he picked me up and wrapped my arms around his neck.