Chapter 9

Saturday came before I knew it. I didn't ask my parents before agreeing to it though, but they didn't care. I had my costume on, but I was waiting for Jane to get here so she could help me with my hair. The guys still didn't know who we were yet, so I had my camera ready to take pictures of their faces.

I was actually pretty bored until my phone started buzzing with a text. I started pressing buttons until I could get to it.

U sure u don’t wanna come to party? Mr. Princeton texted, but I already told him I was going to my work party.

Yea, its work. sry. I texted before I heard the doorbell, but I wasn't running anywhere in my dress. I waited for the person to come up the stairs and enter my room, and it was Jane.

"Ready for hair and makeup?" She asked, and I nodded. "You're going to look awesome."

"You better make me look awesome." I ordered as she started brushing and pulling on my hair.

"Yeah, because you know there could be cute guys at this party." She smirked, and I shook my head.

"I'm going because you guys are going, not to meet guys." I stated, crossing my arms.

"Oh, I forgot, you already have your teacher." She replied, wrapping my hair into a bun and sticking it with a bobby pin. "I need a freaking hair tie now."

"There is nothing going on between me and Mr. Princeton." I stated, and she snapped her finger, pointing at me.

"You just said his name!" She smiled and laughed in accomplishment, and I swore under my breath. I saw her reach for her ear, "Milo! Look up any male in the age range of twenty to twenty-five with the last name of 'Princeton' in the Long Beach area."

"Milo, don't!" I ordered, but I could already hear him typing.

"Do you know how many people have the last name of 'Princeton'?" He asked, and we both shrugged even though he couldn't see it.

"No." Jane answered.

"A lot." Milo replied.

"Okay, so what's his first name?" Jane asked, and I froze. I still didn't know, which was pretty sad. I don’t know why I haven’t figured it out yet. Probably something to do with family and my job and crap.

“I don’t know.” I admitted, and she stopped pulling on my hair for a couple seconds.

“That’s pretty sad.” She stated. “I still need a freaking hair tie.”

“Sorry.” I apologized, handing her a hair tie. “Just do me up and we can get going.”

“Agreed.” And she pulled my hair in a bun and curled the bottom part, wiped foundation, red lipstick, and mascara on my face. She helped me fix the dress and make it perfect before we headed downstairs.

“Aw, you two look adorable.” Mom stated, flashing pictures with her fancy camera. “Have fun!”

“Don’t stay out too late.” Dad ordered, and I nodded as we headed out .

“So… are you excited?” Jane asked, and I shrugged as I thought about my answer. “You’re just upset because Mr. Princeton isn’t going to be there.”

“Hey!” I scoffed, crossing my arms. “I am not.”

“Face it, Belle. You want him to be there.” She stated, but I shook my head. I wasn't going to admit it… out loud.

"Can we just go? The guys are probably already there." I assumed they were, but we all know what assuming something does. "Whose party is it anyways?"