Chapter 28

A couple months passed. It was now the middle of April. Nothing too important happened, besides Easter and other holidays and such, but the Russians took to the tactic if lying low for a while. We haven't heard anything about them, and it was freaking us out slightly. The longer they waited, the more suspense that built up, and the more we tried to find where they were hiding. We've already had searches for a fifty-mile radius. If they're not here, hopefully they went back to Russia and stayed there. But it didn't mean I wasn't worried.

Our building changed, as well. We were relocated because of the potential threat, and to a place where I had to take a completely different highway to get to it. It looked like it was built recently, and we had it disguised just so no Russians would attack it. They think we're still at the other building, but it's now vacant, and may even get demolished. Well, I wish them the best of luck in finding us now.

But since they have been laying low for so long, it's been next to impossible to find them. So to keep us occupied, we've been going on other missions. Personally I've stolen two Chinese flash drives, one Arabic computer hard drive, Spanish notes from Mexico that had to be translated, and something from Croatia that I didn't really understand, but someone in the agency did. And I think that I've had to attack (more like self-defend myself against) probably three dozen people to get to them. All of this was within a twenty-mile radius and in the past two months. And I'll admit, it felt exhilarating to steal again. I felt that my 'thief' status was dropping.

But also in the two months, I haven't talked to Adam at all. I haven't called him because I'm too afraid to. He hasn't called me because I know he has to believe I killed Tori now. I'll admit, I watched him through Fullerton's cameras with Milo's help, the way he looks around the classroom and stares at my empty seat. I could read his face, but it could've been that he either didn't ever want to see me again, or that he never stops thinking about me. I know I never stop thinking about him. But with what I did to him… I don't know if I could ever see him again. And of course I wanted to hear his response. I wanted to know how he felt about it. And he might've gone into therapy like I did. But I couldn't stand the fact that we haven't talked it out, and that we might be over.

But, in attempt to get him off my mind, I focused on work.

"So what's next?" I asked my team in excitement, all of them in my new office, but still shared it with Jane. All of them but Peter was sitting down, and I was also standing. "I don't think I've ever been on this many missions before in a short amount of time. This is exciting!"

"Calm down, Belle. How do you think it is for me?" Milo had his head in his hands, but looking ready to sleep. He's been exhaustingly typing away on his computer to inform us of blueprints, security problems, entrance and exit points, etcetera. "I just want to sleep."

"But what if there's something else we could do? Come on, we're at the top of our game! We can't just stop now!" I stated, swiftly dodging my team members as I slid Milo's chair over to get a good look at the computer screen. "I mean, I know a drug bust isn't our thing, but we could do it."

"Let Los Angeles police handle that one." Peter shot the idea down as his phone rang, "Hello? Oh, Molly, what's up?" He listened for a couple seconds before lowering the phone, "Jane and Belle, they have your bridesmaid dresses ready."

"Oh, thanks." I muttered, and Jane nodded as he left the room to talk with her some more. But could I really still be a bridesmaid? Their wedding was a month away and I knew Adam was going to be there, and did I really want to see him? Of course, but does he want to see me? Probably not.

"How are you feeling about that?" Jane asked, and  shook my head.

"Terrified." I replied as my phone beeped. "One sec." And I dug it out to see the tiny text and the person it was from.