Chapter 5

I followed Mom inside, finding Dad inside with Phillip and Eric. Dad saw me and sent them away, leaving me alone with my parents.

"You were in a wreck?" Dad snapped at me, but I stood standing so I wouldn't feel as helpless as I usually do with him.

"Yeah, okay, I was." I replied, unable to deny it. Alex told them already anyway.

"Are you hurt?" Mom asked, lifting my arm and circling me, checking all over me.

"I'm fine!" I assured them, snapping my arm away. "And the other guy is fine, too."

"Oh, the person you hit?" Mom asked, and I nodded. "That's a relief. Didn't want you in jail for manslaughter."

"Tell me about it." I muttered, getting a hold of my books in my arms. "I'm gonna go upstairs."

"No, you will stay right there." Dad ordered, and I sat down on the couch. "What were you doing, anyway?"

"It was raining! The car skidded and crashed. You think I did it on purpose?" I stood up anyway, not caring what they thought. "You're just as bad as Alex. I'm going upstairs." I informed and took off towards the stairs.

"This isn't over, Belle. We will talk later." Dad called as I was halfway up the stairs, but I was too upset to care.

I closed my bedroom door before throwing my guns in my drawer, finding my earpiece and placing it in my ear, and turning up the volume. Hopefully I was still in range with everybody. "Hey, anybody there?"

"Hey Belle." I heard Peter's voice in my ear, making me smile slightly. "It's been a while since we talked. How's college?"

"Oh, it's so fun." I remarked sarcastically, flopping down on my bed. "I heard Alex and Jane got shot today, are they okay?"

"Yeah, but Alex can't go out for at least a week. Same with Jane, probably." Peter stated, which meant it was only him and Milo. "And you know Milo doesn't go out onto the field."

"You can't go alone, though! Have you talked to Vice or Crank? I need to get back… I miss you guys. I miss the field." I said truthfully, thinking of the times we had together. Two years doesn't seem that long, but it is when you have the best team and perfect friends.

"Vice is debating whether to lift the suspension or not, but… I don't know." Peter informed, and my hopes were dropping quickly. "But with Alex and Jane out, he has to soon."

"That's good. But what about the other agents? It can't be only our team going after them." I stated.

"Well, Connie's team is stuck with some Chinese thing and Brad's team is overseas right now, and the rest are doing some other thing with traitors and whatnot. We're the only one trying to deal with the Russians." Peter told me, and my mind immediately went to Tori. And then Jack. But my thoughts were interrupted by some weird clanking from Peter's side.

"Peter! Get over here!" I heard Milo's voice next, followed by gunshots and fluent Russian.

"Shit, they're here!" Peter yelled angrily before I stood up, grabbing my guns from the drawer. "Belle, I'm gonna have to get back to you later."

I stood up, attaching my guns to my belt. "I'm coming, guys. I don't care if I'm suspended at the moment." I stated before running back down the stairs, heading towards the door.

"Vice won't like it-"

"Belle, where are you going?" Dad said behind me, but I didn't stop.

"Out." And I pushed past him and was out the door.

I took Mom's car, despite my family calling after me, drove as fast as I could without crashing to the agency. There were helicopters above and no cars in sight, all of them getting away from the shooting. I saw the computer workers running from the building, with flashes and gunshots coming from inside.