December 28, 2012

This could quite possibly be the most interesting entry of my life....

So after my last entry, it was Thanksgiving. We had a great dinner with his family. We thought it would be nice to get everyone together so we had it at his house. It was a great evening and I was very thankful to have such an amazing second family. 

November passed and December began.... "Jordys." Ryan said as he walked in the office. I looked away from the computer as he stopped a few feet from me, "whatcha up to?"

"Just finalized out flight plans."

He nodded, "explain them to me again." He smiled and sat in my lap.

I laughed, "we are flying to Wisconsin on the 21st. Then we will have Christmas Eve dinner with my family. After that, we will fly back here and have Christmas day with yours."

"Sounds good." He smiled and stood up, pulling me out of the chair. "I thought that we could go to the island the day after Christmas." He said as he led the way to the dinner table. 

I pulled him to a stop and smiled. "That sounds like a really great idea." 

He smiled and kissed me, continuing to the table while walking backwards. "Good."

We ate dinner then took Dollar for a walk. I was enjoying my Winter Break from classes and I'm sure my students were too. I went to bed that night thinking that Ryan was finally back to normal. He had been in such a great mood all day and was just as happy the next few days. 

But things got weird again when we were watching a movie one night with the other boys. He was sitting in the corner of the couch so I was sitting back against his side with his arm around me. We had decided to watch the 3rd Pirates of the Caribbean movie. It was towards the end; at the part where the crew of the Black Pearl are fighting the crew of the Flying Dutchman. Will asks Elizabeth to marry him and she replies, 'I don't think now's the best time.' Ryan rubbed my arm and leaned forward a bit. In response, I leaned forward and he got up; leaving the room without a word. 

It was strange. Tony, Shane, Casey, and I all exchanged looks. Mine was obviously confused. Theirs were knowing. I grabbed the remote and paused the movie, "alright. What the hell is going on?"

The guys looked at one another before Shane said, "how the hell are we supposed to know?" 

I arched my brow at him. "This is the second time that you guys have kept quiet as to what was wrong with Ryan. The first time was when he was arguing with Tony." I turned my eyes to him and he looked away, trying to avoid admitting I was right. "I'm sick and tired of not knowing. I care about Ryan! A lot. There's nothing I wouldn't do for him. If he died, I'd probably want to quickly follow him. Would someone please tell me what the problem is!?" I looked at all of them, theirs gazes cast down to their laps. I sighed, pressing play. "Enjoy the rest of your movie then." 

I got up, pulling on my running shoes and grabbing my ipod that was thankfully on the table. I was also thankful that I was already in athletic clothes with my hair pulled into a ponytail; my laziness actually paid off for once...

I pressed 'play' and took off down the street. I was so sick of this I couldn't take it anymore. He loves me so much? Why is he and everyone else pushing me away?? As I ran, I honestly cried a little bit. I thought that I had found the one place that I truly belonged; being with the love of my life. But maybe I'm not his....

After a while, I realized I was close to being back home. I also realized that I didn't have any keys with me. I slowed as the front yard came into view. My ipod said it was 1Am. Well damn... My eyes adjusted and noticed the front light was on and that someone was sitting on the front step. As I walked up the driveway, I saw it was Ryan; he looked up at the sound of my approach. As he didn't move, I sat down next to him, catching my breath. He handed me an ice cold bottle of water and waited for my breathing to even out.