May 1, 2012

Today I spent the day with Cody. It started in rehearsals.

"G'Day Jordyn." Cody smiled when I got there.

"Hey. Sup?"

"Not much. You look tired." He laughed after hugging me.

"I am." I sighed. "Dollar decided he didn't want to sleep last night. We have no idea why." I took a drink of water before continuing. "It took Ryan forever to get him to relax."

"Maybe there's a ghost." Cody said, raising his eyebrows.

"Maybe." I said smiling. 

We laughed and he nudged me towards the floor where the other dancers were. "Alright, let's get started." He said softly.

We started off on a good foot, but towards the end of rehearsal, it became an interesting issue. We began the final song like usual. Towards the middle, Cody began doing a different dance and he jumbled the words until he was mumbling. 

We all stopped and just stared at his back as he continued. He seemed oblivious to the fact we were staring. I cleared my throat and he stopped, looking in the mirror. His expression was like a little kid being caught doing something he shouldn't.

"What?" He asked. We all bust out laughing at him. He turned and crossed his arms over his chest. "Why are you laughing?"

The others continued laugh while I walked over to him, catching my breath. I put my arm around his shoulders. "Dude! What the hell were you doing!?"

He frowned, "I don't know. Another song got in my head and I started to dance to it."

"You forget you had an audience?"

"Yeah..." He said in a small voice. I started laughing again, keeping my eyes on his. His face softened until he was laughing with us. "Alright. Let's just get out of here."

"No problem!" I said smiling. The others gathered their things and went on their way. We got ours and met Cody's sister Ally and his friends, Jake and Campbell outside. 

"Hey guys!" Ally said smiling. 

"Hey." Cody and I said together. 

Cody and the boys shook hands while Ally and I hugged. "My girl!" Jake smiled, hugging me.

I laughed, "Jakey, you aren't supposed to tell anyone." I said in a semi-hushed voice, but loud enough for everyone to hear. 

He faked shock and looked around. "Sorry, I forgot." He laughed looking down at me.

"Hmmm," Campbell said. "I think that Ryan might have something to say about that..." He laughed, trailing off."

We hugged then too. "Well that's why he isn't supposed to say anything!" I laughed. 

"Hey, if she's anybody's girl, she's mine." Cody laughed, putting an arm around me shoulder and kissing my forehead. 

Jake crossed his arms over his chest. "No fair, I saw her first."

"Did not!" Cody said, shocked.

"Did too! I saw her in a photo with Justin and showed you, I saw her first!" Jake replied.

"Now come on boys, let's not argue." Ally said, smiling.

"Yeah, we all know who would win this argument." I laughed. 

We all laughed then before Cody spoke, "come on. Let's go have some fun."

We all agreed and climbed into my truck. "How about Santa Monica?" I asked.