Chapter 5

"This is Y/N, my girl."
I smile at his words. His girl... It sounded so right.
His friends all 'ooooed' and playfully punched his arms. I slide closer to Dylan and hold his hand. I can tell he's shocked by my sudden action because I usually wouldn't be so affectionate. But life's too short to ignore what you like.
**
A couple hours later, and I was sober unlike Dylan and Clara. I had left Dylan a while ago to hang with Clara so really he could be anywhere. "... Totally!" Clara yelled laughing and smiling. I don't know who she was talking to or what it was about but she scared me. I decided that I had enough of intoxicated people around me so I wanted to find Dylan and talk to him by ourselves. I walked into the living room and saw him walking down the stairs, buttoning back up his shirt and putting his belt on. When he reached his group of friends they all smiled and did the bro punches. I wondered why he was undressed and junk. Maybe it was a dare he did? They were playing truth or dare before I left. I didn't know. Until I saw Daphne, walking the stairs putting her heels on and fluffing her hair. She smiled at Dylan and then saw me and waved. I rushed outta there and sat in the car. My mom was taking a walk so she wasn't in it. I pounded on the wheel and the horn went off. I didn't care. I cried my eyes out. "How could someone take interest in me and then fuck another girl?" I yelled. I looked out the corner of my eye and saw a figure come towards the car. I recognized the person but I could never tell you his name. "Uh... You ok?" He asked. "No... Not at all." He leaned his arm on the window seal. I didn't even know it was open. "Can I come in? I hate seeing girls cry." I unlock the car doors and wipe my tears and mascara off. "So you gonna tell me the story? Oh and in case you didn't know my name is Tyler Posey." I recognized him. He is Dylan's best friend and was in the circle of his friends when I was around Dylan. "My name's Y/N." He shook my hand once I told him. "So the story?" He said. "Yea. So Dylan went down and dirty with my arch nemesis after he told me I was "his girl"." I finished. "Oh yea I was there when he said that. He only did it with that girl because she's a total bitch and he was dared." I look at him, "oh... Still. He wouldn't have done that if I was 'his'." I put up air quotes to emphasize it. Tyler nods, "he's a real jerk. But what I do know is he feels different about you then what you think. He tells me everything so I'd know." I nodded and started to get out the car, Tyler following. "Thanks. You helped a lot." I say. Tyler smiled and  starts to walk away. I decided to show him more affection for helping me because guys don't usually help. I run up behind him and hug him. He spins around and hugs me the right way. "What's this for?" He whispers. "You're my true hero right now." I say. I let go and he smiles wide, "I'm not a hero." I shake my head, "maybe not to you, but to me, tonight, you are." He smiles and walks back into the building. I stare at him, he's really attractive. He's lean and muscular and has great hair. His smell is different that Dylan's, it's more of a just detergent smell. It's lighter and more of a summer-y smell. I smile and turn back around. I almost have a heart attack when I see my mom holding Clara's wrist, who was obviously too drunk to be in a car with someone from the party who was also probably drunk. People were leaving anyways so her ride was gone. "Y/N, go in and tell Dylan to get Clara's purse and phone. She isn't going back in there and either am I while I'm in 'rehab'." I give her a thumbs up and walk back in. Luckily Tyler wasn't in yet because we are kinda parked far from the house. I ran up to him and linked his arm with mine. "So I have to confront Dylan... Come with me?" I ask. "Of course!" He says in a failed British accent and links his arm with mine tighter.
**
I walk back into the smelly house and Tyler and I both cringe at the sight of Dylan touching Daphne. I unlink from Tyler and walk faster towards Dylan. I pull Daphne away from him by her shoulder. She grunts and backs up because she knows I'm pissed. I slap Dylan straight in the cheek, leaving a red mark fast. "What the hell?!" He shouts, holding his newly made injury (courtesy to me). "You know what you did! "My girl"? Ha! Can't believe I trusted you for even a second." I stomp away and find Clara's purse but not her phone. "Where the-" I turn around and Daphne is holding Clara's phone, obviously so she could see her stuff but it had a passcode. "Hand it over, bitch." I say and she quickly gives it to me. I walk out the house without even looking for Tyler. He ended up following me anyways. "Hey... Hey!" He says, running to catch up. "What?" I answer too mad at him. "Woah... I just wanted your number." I type it in his phone and give him the peace sign (✌🏼️). I hand over Clara's stuff to her. She was acting stupid too so I had to do what I had to do. I slapped her too. Maybe it was all this anger or maybe I was really trying to help her you may never know. She stood in shock and obviously got over her goofy attitude because of the liquor. We got into the car, no words spoken. I got a text from a unknown number;
Unknown: Hey is this Y/N?
Me: mhm & this is?
Unknown: Tyler
Me: oh hi
Tyler: Hey are you ok?
Me: eh i guess
Tyler: You'll never guess but Daphne is my ex
Me: You are dating her?
Tyler: Were* and yes. I broke up with her 3 days before the party
Me: so who dared Dylan to do it with her?
Tyler: Phil Lancaster... New friend of Dylan's. He's I guess 'cool' according to Dylan. Of course he was only 'cool' after he dared him to do it with Daph
Me: dumb ass mother fucker.
Tyler: Dyl?
Me: no shit
Tyler: chill tiger 🐯
Me: lol you're so cheesy 💛
Tyler: but you love it
Me: hmmm I do
Tyler: lol. Uhh I got some good news and bad news
Me: oh... Bad news first
Tyler: bad news, Dylan still cares about you and is going to embarrass you at the football game tomorrow if you go
Me: lol ok. Will you come pick me up for it tomorrow?
Tyler: ofc. Good news, Daphne and her friends won't be there so you'll have a good convo with Dyl
Me: I'm not going to talk to that ass hole with out you
Tyler: why?
Me: I need someone to hold me back ☺️😇
Tyler: got you fam 🙈👊🏽