The start of the end

Bang! Screams. Bang! Cries. Bang! Pain and sorrow. Bang! Darkness and darkness alone.

Doors locked and windows broken, glass smashed, shouting, fighting, tears rolling, nails digging, flesh tearing, bullets being fired. In all of it, there existed too much agony to be bearable, too much blood to be able to breathe. Over it all, there were two heartbreaking cries. The first one was the cry of a new born baby and the second one was the cry of pain from the mother who just gave birth to her child and wasn't even able to hold it because she was shot.

There was another cry, but this was a heartbroken one. The shape of a man, once blurry became sharp, and it neared the dead body with the baby near to her. He picked the child up to see that it was a beautiful baby girl who looked just like her mother, she was pale though and he then realized her heart beat was really slow.

Frustrated he shouted to the moon, "Mother! What atrocious thing have I done to you to deserve this? Isn't the pain of losing my mate enough?" seeing there was no answer he said, "Do I have to lose the only thing that's left of her too?" he said between sobs, holding his dying child

"Do not cry my soon. You've been a good server for me in this time of war, and for that in return, I've come to your aid," said the Moon goddess, "I know what you will ask of me, but I shall warn you, all gifts come with a price"

"I'll manage whatever that is, just please save my daughter"

With that said, the goddess put her hands over the child and with her eyes closed, she healed her giving her a minimal taste of the power she has. Whit her eyes still closed, the goddess envision this child's future and was not pleased with what she saw.

"I won't foresee your future, but I will previse you to be cautious with the choices your daughter makes," said the goddess, turning to leave.

"Wait, thank you mother, I will forever be grateful and devote to you," he said holding and kissing her hand.

"You have always been my son, I just wish for you to still be when the hard times arrive. The only thing I will say is that this baby will grow up to kill her mate."