Senses in high alert

I start trashing in my sleep and I could feel an itchy ground under me. I slowly start to pry my eyes open, and I could feel the sun lights burning directly to my face. The moment I open my eyes completely, I found myself alone in the open forest.

Why am I here? And how did I got here? I ask myself.

Suddenly I hear a three branch crunch, what is that?

“Who’s there?” – I ask out loud

There is another sound, and another and another. There is now not only one branch, but a lot of them sounding at the same time. I could tell for the speed of the incessant crunching that whoever is coming or whatever is coming, it’s pace is fast and it’s number is large. I suddenly freak out, what if it’s my pack, which are searching me but not for good reasons.  

Whit that thought in mind, I stand up feeling a sudden dizziness and with the force I could manage I start running.

I could feel them, sense them coming nearer every time, and now that I hear closely some of them had transformed into their wolfs.

Their gonna out beat me, I thought, I am fast but they are faster 

No, my inner voice says, you are faster

You are right. I have to keep on pushing

And so I did, I tried at least but they did out beat me. But they weren’t who I thought they will be.

“Hello Angelina Raven” – says a beautiful slim woman who appear to be older than twenty

I stutter – “How-H-How do you know my name?” 

“How wouldn’t I?” – She pauses – “You are the daughter of Alpha Leroy”

Alpha Leroy, my dad, he is dead!

It all comes crushing down on memory lane. I suddenly remember the asshole of a mate I have.

How could he? He killed my dad like he was a piece of trash, something worthless and something so easily disposable.

It all made my heart break again. I could hear the shattering inside me, while the woman tried to speak to me, but I tune her out. Not voluntarily, cuz the logic voice inside of me is saying is not worth it, however the voice of my weak dying heart, couldn’t help but grieve one last time before shutting down completely.

“Angelina?” – pauses the voice – “Angel?”

I flinch at the nickname my dad used to use on me, and also. Our mate, says the voice inside

“Don’t call me that” – I mutter dangerously

“I’m sorry” – says the woman – “My name is Melissa Lee” – she pauses checking If I am listening – “I am the Alpha of the RSM pack”

“The RSM pack?” – I pause – “I haven’t heard of it, ever”

“That’s because it’s like a secret society” – she pauses – “We recruit the members”

I nod – “And what does RSM stands for?” – I ask with intrigue

She smirks – “You’ll find out” – she pauses – “Eventually”