Chapter 1

Outcast was panicked, her fearful gaze staying on the door to her cell as robotic shouts of 'delete' and 'exterminate' came from outside. She couldn't tell if it was a good thing she was locked in here out of sight, or a bad thing, because she'd be trapped. Either way a Dalek or one of the Cybermen would kill her. She heard the lock click and the knob twisted as the door swung open, Outcast scrabbled back into a corner and stared at the human shadow fell into the dark room, and then relief filled her as she saw Shylah Hartman.

"Hurry, we don't have much time." Her friend urged her, running over to help the weakened woman to her feet. "The guards can't hold them off forever."

Outcast limped after Yvonne's daughter, who was nothing like her mother when it came to the prisoners. "We chose a bad day to break out."

"Hell of a bad day." Shylah replied, doubling back as a Cyberman spotted them. "At least no one will try stopping us."

She shivered as another Dalek shouted exterminate before forcing her beaten body to pick up the pace, she would not die here, not at Torchwood... not in a place she despised. Suddenly she was jerked to a stop and Outcast sent Shylah a worried look before seeing the expression of horror on her friend's face.

"Shylah?" Outcast asked uneasily.

Shylah left her side and ran forward to look over the balcony. "Mom! No! Please No!"

Outcast hadn't distinguished the scream over the others but Shylah had and as she joined the other woman to look down as Cybermen surrounded Yvonne. Nothing would stop what the inhuman invaders would do next and she pulled Shylah away from the sight. "There's nothing you can do, we need to leave."

Shylah nodded, swallowing heavily, before starting to run again. Outcast followed her, trying to ignore the shouts and screams of those dying around them as they ran. No one could stop them from killing each other, all they could do was pray they got out alive.

"Help me find The Doctor!" Shylah yelled back as Daleks cut off their exit route. "Quickly!"

"We don't have time for medical attention!" She shouted back. "We'll need an urn if we don't keep running!"

"No, The Doctor! The Time Lord!" Outcast stopped moving as Shylah replied.

"What are you talking about? My kind... I don't know... Did he come for me?"

"No." Shylah started pulling her. "But he won't just leave you to die."

She wasn't sure what was happening, the last time she'd seen a Time Lord was when Gallifrey was under a Dalek invasion during the Time War, why was one here now if not to bring her home finally? Was it because of what she'd done; because of her reaction to the Matrix during her school training? Something made her yank her arm back.

"I can't let him see me."

Shylah gave a yelp as a Dalek blast the wall near them. "You'd rather die? Are you crazy? Come on!"

Outcast shook her head. "Take me to my stuff, I'll get us out."

"I don't know if your TARDIS is in working condition. I don't know how to fix one."

"I can, it wasn't too damaged now take me to it!" Outcast shouted, her body trembling from the exertion of running.

Shylah seemed to give up with arguing and ran down the right hall before the Daleks could get a fatal hit. Outcast started following her but screamed as a Cyberman came from the left hall and caught her. She struggled as it started dragging her away before getting dropped to the ground at a Dalek blasted the once human robot. Pain filled her already clouded mind and she dragged herself away from the one thing in all of time and space Time Lords hated most. She would never escape though, deep down she knew that, and she stared the blue eye head on as its laser aimed at her skull.

"Run!" A man's voice shouted; distracting the Dalek so it's shot only grazed her head and chest.

The Dalek's voice shouted in recognition. "The Doctor! Exterminate!"

Outcast sent the man a scared look, before getting back to her feet and running, this time leaving a trail of dark crimson blood behind her. A shudder ran through her body and she collapsed a moment later, Shylah's voice screaming at her to get back up, as her footsteps grew closer. A moment later her friend was dragging her down the hallway towards another dark room where a dull blue light was glowing from Outcast's choker slash homemade TARDIS... it didn't work too well but it got the job done usually.

"Can you even get us out now?" Shylah asked as she let Outcast get up on her own. "You can barely stand."

"Maybe you should've thought about that before allowing your mother to torment me!" Outcast growled, leaning heavily against the table as she put on the TARDIS choker and got her black leather jacket to put on over her bloodstained purple shirt. "You better hope this doesn't just teleport me."

"You knew I might not be able to join you?" Shylah glared at her. "Where you just going to leave me here?"

"Of course not, now come on!" Outcast could hear more enemies coming and grabbed her knife and backpack before swiping her hand across her choker and muttering a phrase under her breath that made the device glow a brighter blue and hum a bit.

Shylah yelped as Outcast started fading before lunging forward and grabbing her arm. A moment later a weird feeling overtook her and the world she knew disappeared around her. Nausea was the first thing she felt, well that and the adrenaline wearing off. Beside her Outcast was lying motionless on the ground.

"Outcast?" Shylah shook the former prisoner. "Hey, get up! Where are we?"

A growl sounded nearby and she froze, that didn't sound like a Dalek or Cyberman, but it also didn't sound friendly. A shadow fell on her as the creature rounded the corner and Shylah gave a startled scream as she took in the sharp fangs and inhuman face, immediately afterwards the creature gave another snarl and went for her throat. She nearly tripped over Outcast's limp figure as she tried getting away, though she did manage to pull out her friend's knife as she moved.

"Stay back!" She sounded at the creature; now that the light wasn't putting it completely in shadows she could recognize it as a Weevil, a creature her mother taught her about. "Leave now!"

The Weevil hesitated after seeing her defensive stancebefore continuing its attack. Shylah pressed against the brick behind herbefore pushing off of it and driving the blade into the Weevil's chest. Teethgrazed her briefly before the alien dropped onto the ground dead. Staring downat the dead creature she dropped the knife on beside Outcast before sinking tothe ground and took in the damage to her friend's body... the blood had alreadycreated a large pool on the ground and Outcast didn't move as Shylah shook her.She leaned back and stared at Outcast's body, her friend was going to die, shewould be left here in a place and time she wasn't sure of and she didn't knowwhat to do about it.