Chapter 14

Owen's head felt foggy as he blinked awake, at first he wasn't sure where he was, it was too dark to see any details but the floor beneath him suggested he was still in the warehouse. He sat up and blinked a few times until his eyes adjusted... when they did he found another slumped figure bound to the wall with blood soaked clothing.

"Murdar?" He limped over, his shoulder and head screaming in pain. Thankfully she seemed to be fine when he looked down at her form. "Murdar get up we need to leave."

He shook her before feeling her body jerk beneath him as she woke up, lashing out at him as she did so. Owen easily moved out of the way until she went still again, her eyelids closing again.

"I thought you were dead." She muttered without looking at him.

"Then I'm the liveliest corpse I've met." He replied. "You seem to have regenerated though."

She looked like she was still dying with the shadows under her eyes. "Yeah, failing to upgrade does that to a person."

He froze and looked towards the door. "It works?"

"Since two days ago..." She shifted her position to help relax her arms. "Yvonne has been trying to fix it... she'll be back soon."

"We have to get out of here before then." He started untying her, feeling her gaze burning into him. "I have a plan."

"You woke up less than a minute ago, how could you already have a plan?" She criticized.

"Don't you trust me?" Owen joked, trying to lighten their situation.

"You specifically give me no reason not to." She held up a hand to stop him from talking. "But, you give me no reason to trust you either."

"How about the fact I want to live?" He asked.

"You could sacrifice me for a means to allow you to escape."

Owen stared at her. "You just think through everything don't you?"

"No, just what comes to mind." She looked around before frowning. "Where's my bag?"

"I haven't touched it."

He watched her as she stood up and walk around before finally dropping near the corner diagonal from them. "Found it."

Owen moved closer as she opened the bag up, she gave him a cold look as he settle beside her before going back to digging through her supplies. "We could've been out of here by now if someone hadn't messed with all of this."

"I only went through the largest and smallest pockets." He replied in defense. "Not the one you're going through."

"Still Torchwood's fault." She growled before putting something on her jacket before putting it on. "I mean, come on, you people just want aliens to show up so you can kill and dissect them right?"

Owen glared at her. "How many times must we tell you-"

"And not to mention how you have a hand in a jar, a pterodactyl, and who knows what else just lying around. Sure dinosaurs are fine, great pets, but aliens... oh no! Those you kill on spot!" She cut him off and grabbed her knife.

He jumped back as she lunged at him, the blade was less than a millimeter from his face and she pressed her attack as she unbalanced him. Owen knocked the blade out of her hand with his good arm; not pausing as it skidded across the floor, before flipping them so she struggled underneath him, a sharp blow to his head sent dark spots across his vision. He fell to the side as his head cleared again, but by that time Murdar had once again pinned him and he felt pain fill his shoulder before the pressure let up somewhat as a popping sound came from the injury.