Chapter 11

Once again there was another round of ammo and another round of Letifer Anguis dead, though not as many as anyone would like. Owen was staying on the second floor, shooting down on their enemies from above while the others stayed on the ground below, at least none of them had been bitten yet. To his right he saw Murdar shoving Shylah ahead of her as they ascended the stairs before collapsing to the ground and gasping for breath as her blood covered friend stumbled ahead.

"Outcast, get up!" Shylah looked back and paused her flight to safety.

Owen ran over and dragged the blonde away while shooting another alien through the eye as it ran towards them. It dropped dead as the bullet went into its brain. "Get out, I'll grab her and be right behind you. Just don't come back, I don't want to go save you again."

He ran down the step and wrapped his arms around Murdar's body as he started dragging her back towards the door. Her body squirmed weakly in his grip as she tried escaping from his help before she gave up. Looking down at her he could see her cosmos like eyes glazing over as she went limp... her breathing stopped completely by the time he was halfway to the door. Owen laid her down on the metal floor before doing compressions, though he doubted they would help, he could see bite marks around her throat meaning the poison would take her under again even if he managed to get her breathing. He had to at least try though, even if her rash decision to leave on her own had done this to her.

"Owen!" Gwen's shout made him grab his gun and jump up with alarm. "Owen, we need back up!"

He started shooting again, crippling and killing any monster that came into his firing range, leaving Murdar lying on the ground behind him. Below him the dead bodies were starting to finally even out with the living, the only problem was the others were looking pretty beaten, even Jack, and he never seemed to look phased in a fight.

"Tosh, on your left!" Owen shouted a warning before watching a couple of aliens take down his teammate before getting their brains blown out.

"Did anyone find Shylah?" Jack's voice rose over the loud growls.

"She's outside waiting!" He replied as he put in another round and shot another enemy. "I need to treat her soon, she looked pretty bad!"

"Torchwood, regroup. We'll come back and finish this!" Jack announced as he began a tactical retreat.

"No, we can finish it now!" Owen disagreed, watching the others shoot their way towards the entrance. Sure they all could use medical treatment but that didn't mean he wanted to just stop fighting.

"Owen, come on! We need to go!" He put more of an order in his voice and a glare in his look as Owen ignored the command.

He gritted his teeth at the order before backing off to the door. He glanced back at Murdar's body; he couldn't just leave her here, besides she would come back in a few minutes right, with her regeneration ability? She would never get out by the time she healed. Owen ran back over and started picking her up when a shock went through the metal and jolted through him.

"Delete!" He collapsed to the ground, his body jerking as the electricity faded and expecting the Cyberman, at least it sounded like a Cyberman, to attack again.

Instead more shouts called out his name and he saw Tosh running towards him only for Jack to pull her away. She still cried out to him though. "Owen, get up, hurry!"

Like he didn't know he had to get up. He shakily rose onto his hands and knees before the walkway shook violently and sent him to the ground. Jack's voice encouraged him this time. "Owen, you need to get up now! We can't reach you!"

He was about to make a sarcastic remark when a heavy weight pinned him to the ground. Owen saw a red glow by Murdar's unmoving form and reached for it, feeling the knife hilt in his grasp before tightening his grip and driving it into the Letifer holding him down. The weight lifted as the animal let out a hiss of pain and he got to his feet, taking in the evil gleam of the remaining aliens' gazes that were all fixed on him as the Cyberman stood watching amongst them, Serpens at her side. His team wasn't in the building anymore.

"Delete him!" The Cyberman shouted in its robotic voice.

Owen backed away as the beasts started climbing the stairs to get to him, then relaxed as it broke under their combined weight and sent them falling to the ground in a frustrated heap. The wounded one glanced back at its fallen brethren before whipping its bloodied snout to look at him again.

"Come on then... Let's finish this, perhaps I'll make a jacket out of your scales." He sneered and held the knife out.

The monster snarled and lunged forward, gracefully leaping through the air before landing in front of him and swiping at his face. He bent back before ducking under the next attack and driving the blade into the Letifer Anguis' throat. The red glowed a blood red as his attacker fell to the ground dead, the light seemed to leave its eyes quicker that usual. Owen stared at the blade as the glow faded, the weapon still glinted darkly in the lighting, what had made the thing glow like that? He didn't have much time to think about that as the floor was torn out beneath him and Serpens glowered down at him as he hit his head hard against the cement floor. He could feel blood trickling down his head as he groggily tried getting up again; he refused to die here. A second later a spiny tail smacked into him and knocked him into the wall where his world spun around before darkening and finally fading to black.