Chapter 7

Murdar turned and doubled back after reaching another dead end, the smoke bomb had distracted the Letifer Anguis for a few moments but soon they would be following her scent trail. If she didn't find a place to escape soon she'd get cornered. As if to prove that fact she heard something moving fast towards her as she turned down another corner, she didn't dare slow down to look behind her until she jumped onto a fire escape ladder only to be pulled down. She was relieved it had been by a person and not the alien... She just wished it wasn't a Torchwood leader.

"Going somewhere?" Jack asked as he stared down at her.

She swallowed and panted a bit as she tried catching her breath before struggling to get to her feet and run off again. "Away from you!"

A gunshot barely missed her hand as she was tripped onto the hard ground again. "Doesn't seem like it, you have no idea where you're going."

Outcast glanced back at him, rolling onto her back to face him. "I'll find my way."

"Your way is back to the Hub."

"Is it now?" She glared at him. "Why would I go with you?"

"Shylah is going to die any minute, possibly second, if you don't tell us how to help her." He explained evenly. "Those bites were poisonous, now we need you to help us help Shylah and Tosh before they die."

"I... You're lying." Murdar accused as she scooted back. "You're just trying to make me go back so you can capture me!"

"I don't lie about my team dying!" Jack shouted, grabbing her by the collar of her shirt and pulling her back to her feet. "Now you're going to help or I'll shoot you through the skull seven times... that's how many lives you said you had left right? You have three seconds to make a choice... One."

"Do it then! You'll never get the answers from me." She spat.

"Two." He growled and held the gun to her skull. "Where's your sense of loyalty now? Are you really going to let your only friend die?"

"I..." She trailed off and went silent.

"Three." He shoved her into the wall and pressed the gun against her temple. "Time's up."

She shuddered at the cold barrel before looking at him. "I'll help..."

"That's what I thought." Jack dragged her away from the wall and shoved her in front of him. "Any sign you're lying and I shoot."

Murdar shivered, and walked at gunpoint all the way back to Torchwood Three's base, which had been at least ten minutes. When she finally got into the hub's interior her worry had developed into a sickened feeling in her gut. Behind her Jack finally put his gun away, a tense expression on his face.

"Where is she?" Murdar asked, noticing no one was sitting around.

"Follow me." He replied stiffly before taking her to the medical room, where everyone was standing around or following Owen's orders.

Upon Jack's entrance, Ianto paused. "Captain."

"Status!" Jack shouted, getting everyone's attention this time.

Owen gave him a shake of his head. "Nothing is working. Miss Hartman and Sato are getting worse, though Tosh does have more time."

"How much?" Jack stressed.