Chapter 13

"It has been two days." Shylah stated as she leaned against the wall. "They could be dead by now." 

"We will save them." Jack assured her as he looked through their limited amount of weapons.

"Yeah, their corpses. We should've gone after them yesterday, even then it could have been too late! What happens if they are dead Jack? Huh? Their deaths are on you!" She spat, her stitches stung as she got worked up.

"I know that!" He growled and turned to face her. "But I will not lead you or the others to death. They needed to rest and you still aren't in any condition to fight."

"I will fight."

"No." Jack glared at her and walked out of the room.

She followed, limping behind him. "You can't stop me."

"Actually I can." He replied. "Now go rest, Ianto can fill in your place at the meeting."

"No, you can't take planning away from me too." She hissed before taking a seat in the meeting room.

Jack looked down at her. "That's my chair."

"Grab another." She gave him a cold look before turning to look the other way.

The others sat around the table and looked at Jack expectantly. Jack shot her a look and stayed standing as he spoke. "We are low in number and in weapons, I know that, but we have a member trapped there and a new ally, we cannot give up now and let them die-"

"Jack, we saw what Owen was up against as we left... he couldn't have survived that." Gwen interrupted.

Shylah shook her head. "Yvonne needs someone to lure me back, they won't be dead yet... or at least not Outcast."

"Then that's just another reason you can't go back. We aren't allowing that Cyberwoman to get what she wants." Jack returned to his plan. "Ianto, you'll go find them once we have the second and first floor covered. Once they're found get them out, hopefully we can defeat the aliens before then but if not I need you to get them back here for immediate medical attention if they need it or help us finish the fight. Shylah, you said you wanted to help, help by getting ready here to treat them... you know basic medical procedure right?"

"Of course but-" A computer beeping a warning sound cut her off.

Ianto looked at it before staring back at them. "Daleks, they're going to the warehouse."

"Cut them off!" Jack shouted. "I do not want Daleks added to that fight. Tosh, Gwen, come with me, we'll take care of them. Ianto stay here and keep an eye on the Daleks, Shylah... don't get any ideas of following us."

"She's not going anywhere." Ianto informed him. "I'll watch them both."

"Good."

Shylah watched the three grab weapons before running out; once they were gone she glanced over at Ianto. "Can they really fight them off?"

"Jack knows what he's doing." Ianto replied calmly.

She wasn't so sure that was comforting. Sure the man was leader of Torchwood Three for a reason but she'd witnessed the Dalek's fury first hand and had only lived to tell the tale because of luck. During that thankfully short time she hadn't seen a single one of those aggressive Daleks destroyed. She stared at the screen as street cameras filmed the Daleks gliding toward the direction of the warehouse, though they were still a good distance away, if Jack hurried they could catch up in time to lead them away.

"I really hope he does, have you encountered this species before?"

"...No." Ianto admitted. "I have, of course you know where, but I was a bit distracted... If any Daleks were destroyed then I'm not sure how they were."

She stared at the live feed for a few minutes, long enough for the other members to show up. They shot at the Dalek but the bullets didn't appear to do much and most of the time they were jumping out of the way of blasts from their gun sticks. There was one thing she noticed as they helplessly watched.

"Can you tell them to aim for the blue sensor on the top? If you hit that I think you'll take out their visual." She pointed out as the sensor followed Jack's movement as he distracted them so the girls could take another attack position.

"Of course, you can tell them yourself." He handed her his earpiece.

She pressed the button on and stared at the screen. "Jack, I have an idea."

"Well don't keep it to yourself then." He turned away as another blast almost hit him. "Tell me."

"Aim for the sensor." She said.

Jack stopped and re-aimed his gun. "I should have thought of that."

She smirked. "Too bad you didn't."

He shouted the command to Gwen and Tosh before shooting the first Dalek in the blue sensor eye... then Shylah watched as everything went out of control. The eye stopped glowing and the blinded Dalek started blindly shooting, most attacks missing, but still led to chaos.

"Shylah!" Jack shouted into his communicator. "That was the worst idea ever!"

"I didn't know that would happen!" She defended herself.

"Anymore bright ideas to get us killed?" Tosh joined in the conversation.

Ianto took the communicator back. "Let them go."

"What? Ianto are you crazy?" Jack questioned as he ducked under another shot.

"No, just listen." He took in another breath as he watched the screen closely, specifically Jack. "They want to go to the warehouse correct? If we let them go the Letifer Anguis and Cyberwoman can take care of them before they reach Owen and Murdar. They can kill each other and we can take out the rest."

"Ianto that's brilliant." Jack smiled at the camera before going into a retreat with Gwen and Tosh. "Shylah, is there a back entrance to that warehouse?"

"There's a window Outcast went in, you could try that." She suggested, not sure why they were calling her friend Murder, let alone saying it in a strange way.

"Great, if we aren't back in a half hour we're dead." He turned off the communicator and went out of the camera's range.

"I can't stay here." Shylah turned away from the screen.

"You have to."

She looked back at him. "You don't want to stay behind either, come on, we should go help us."

He hesitated before nodding. "I'll drive."

"Great, and you can explain why you call my friend a killer on the way there." She caught the weapon and ammo he threw to her before limping towards the garage.