Chapter 5

Owen was happy about one thing that came out of staying behind: he could finally go through the Time Whatever's backpack and take whatever seemed useful without Jack Harkness finding out. Some of the items inside were actually pretty interesting once he got around the water bottles, snacks, and books. He found another bottle of alien colon or perfume he wasn't sure considering the stuff worked on any gender, and put it in the pocket of his jacket for safe keeping, why the half human in the other room had it he didn't know. Continuing to dig through the bad he found several weapons, the TARDIS choker, which had been put in there by Tosh the night before when she'd been helping him with Outcast, finally at the bottom was some round metal objects, a teleporter resembling a bracelet, and... 3-D glasses.

He wasn't sure why there would be 3-D glasses in there but he threw them aside and was about to open another pocket when he realized Outcast wasn't on the medical table. He jumped up and ran towards the room before noticing movement on his right, changing course he blocked her path to the exit.

"Where do you think you're going?" He asked as she came to a halt. Outcast backed away in response and Owen took a step forward. "Lost your tongue again have you?"

"If I swear not to hurt anyone can I leave?" She finally asked, glancing at her things that were at his desk.

"I want more answers than if you want to hurt people." He took another step as she retreated again. "Like how you got here and why you have stolen alien technology with you."

"I'll tell you... just let me leave." She pleaded, glancing for another way to escape or get past him.

Owen saw his chance to keep her trapped until the others came back and nodded. "Fine, we can make that deal."

She relaxed a bit, not much though, and leaned cautiously against the wall, her gaze fixed firmly on him to the point it was almost disturbing. Shaking the thought from his mind he crossed to the desk and sat in his chair.

"Well, are you going to question me?" She shifted impatiently and he deliberately leaned forward slowly to pick up a pen before leaning back.

"Outcast can't be your real name so what is it?" He asked finally.

She went silent for a moment as if she had to think about the answer before speaking. "Murdar."

"Murder?" He asked. "Like killing people?"

"No, not murder. Murdar... it makes the are sound." She stressed the difference.

"What kind of name is that? One hand you have a label for a name and the other is just ridiculous!"

"My full name is Murdaratilkaquanamorph." She totally lost him that time on the pronunciation.

He stared at her for a moment before sighing and putting down the pen. "That's kind of a mouthful."

"You'd know what a mouthful is wouldn't you." She sneered before regaining her composer. "I mean... yeah... That's why my kind shorten our names."

"It would just be easier to have a real name."

"Well I apologize for not growing up somewhere in this galaxy." She glared at him before glancing at the contents on the desk. "You went through my stuff?"

"Yours?" He picked up a wicked looking knife. "This is stolen."

"It is mine. I made half of it." She moved forward threateningly but Owen didn't fall for it. She might've 'regenerated' or whatever the hell happened, but she was still too weak and dehydrated to fight him off.