six

six

It was a week without getting better when Luke took actions into his own hands. WebMD could either tell him the truth or tell him he's dying for appendicitis or something.

So, when pregnancy was the top option, of course his heart stopped. He couldn't breathe as he stared at the screen of his phone. He felt like the oxygen around him was choking him.

It was the 5 AM wake up call: Vomiting.

He laid next to the toilet, not sure what to do. His phone laid at his feet but he didn't know who to call. His fingers reached for the screen, scrolling through his contacts trying to find someone awake at an ungodly hour.

Ashton.

Ashton, with his morning work outs in inability to sleep a normal schedule.

He picked up on the second ring. "Are we talking now?"

"I'm so scared," Luke whimpered. He kept his voice low, knowing he was the only one in the house awake. Everyone could hear him.

"What'd you do now?" Ashton put down the weights in his hand, letting them drop to his basement floor. He stretched out his forearms, wiping sweat off his hair line.

"I—um—I think I'm pregnant."

"Nice one." He lifted up his water bottle, drowning himself in the cold liquid.

"Ashton, I'm serious. I have no idea what to do," his voice raised an octave as he began to cry. "I'm gonna be left all alone and no one is going to love me and I'm going to be fat," he rambled.

"Shut up, please." Ashton sat down, trying to process Luke's words. "Are you sure?"

"No!" He whisper-yelled, "That's why I'm calling you!"

"Call your fucking boyfriend who apparently can't wrap himself up."

Luke bent his knees, hiding his face. He couldn't even fathom how to bring up such a conversation with his family. Like, 'Surprise, my thirty-year-old teacher knocked me up," it doesn't happen like that. "I don't want to. What if he's mad?"

"Yeah, Luke. He'll probably be really fucking mad. He fucked a minor and got 'em pregnant."

"Why aren't you being nice? I need you."

"You need me?" He asked with a laugh. "Okay, sure."

"I'm sorry, Ashy. Please come help me." Luke put his arm around his shins and held himself closer.

Ashton sighed loudly, letting the blonde boy know he was annoyed. "I'll be over with your fucking pregnancy tests in half an hour. Get ready for school, you're going today."

"Mom, no."

"Don't fucking test me right now." Ashton hung up, pushing his phone into his shorts. The younger lad was irritating, but he loved and cared for him deeply.

He didn't want to yell at Luke nor make him feel saddened, but it was so hard to not be mad at him. He kept a big secret from his best—and only—friend for years. It hurt Ashton, it really hurt him.

Luke wiped his hair out of his eyes as he cried into the palm of his hands. He stood up, tired of feeling so weak. He slid off his boxers, changing the pair in hopes of new clothes making him feel alive again.

He felt dirty and sad. He felt undeserving of anything in his life. He was hiding his much older boyfriend from his family, from his friend. He lied to them, he snuck out. He felt stupid, he felt worthless.

Luke never wants to end up being some trophy wife—or husband. He wants a reason to his life and he doesn't have one. He doesn't have a single reason to exist besides being one's lover.

A knock on his bedroom door startled him. He knew it couldn't be Ashton; Ash doesn't know the garage code and doesn't knock.

His mother peaked her head in, her make-up free face showing her age and sleep deprivation. "Hi, Sweetheart. You feeling better today?"

He gave her an obviously fake smile and nodded ferociously. "Definitely. Ashton is coming over in a little bit to pick me up and go out for some coffee before first period."

"Are you sure that's good for your stomach? I don't want you to get sick again."

His heart dropped to his toes. What if he is pregnant? He can't have caffeine! He'll hurt the human being thing in his womb.

Suddenly he thought about all his choices.

He could sneak out one day and abort it. He could go through the pregnancy and then let someone else adopt it and love it. But, then he'd have to go through with the pregnancy and tell his parents.

Keeping it wasn't much of an option. Luke is a child himself, he can't raise a child. Even if Michael were to support him.

He zoned back in. "You're right. I'll just get something mild."

She nodded, giving him another small smile and yawn. "Okay, that sounds good. Have a great day at school. You're one day closer to the graduation!"

Luke collapsed onto the floor once his bedroom door was closed tightly once more. He cried silently as his entire body ached and shook.

Ashton came up five minutes later, opening the door to find a mess of his friend. "Your mom let me in, she seemed—oh," he paused, dropping his book bag on the floor, "Okay." Ash got on his knees, wrapping his arms around Luke. "It's okay."

"I'm so stupid."

Ashton's thumbs ran over Luke's shoulder. "No, you're not. There's only one way to find out about all of this, yeah?" He leant behind him, unzipping his bag and pulling out a plastic Target bag. "I told the cashier these were for my boyfriend, so if we're ever in Target together and there's an old lady working then we have to pretend to be a couple," he joked, trying to lighten the air.

Luke cracked a smile before falling into a bitter seam again. He took the bag, his breathing picking up once more. "Let's just get this over with."

(a/n) you guys have gotten so so good at guessing my plot lines but you haven't correctly guessed who dies so...............................................................,,,