twenty three

twenty three

The clock struck ten and Michael knew it was time to wake up his sleeping beauty. They got home late, but not that late. He headed up the stairs of his loft, trying not to be too loud.

Luke was sound asleep, his nose pressed to Michael's pillow, his mouth open lightly. He was probably drooling all over Michael's sheets, but the older man pretended it didn't bother him.

He jumped on his side of the bed, avoiding Luke by less than an inch.

The blonde woke with a start, his eyes open wide as his breath went wild. He looked down at Michael, calming himself. "You idiot. You scared me."

Mike laughed. "It's time to wake up."

Luke rolled onto his stomach, pushing his head back into the pillow. "No, it's not." Luke noted how nice it was to wake up next to Michael. It was nice to open his eyes to such a beautiful face. He could get used to that.

"We need to meet your parents."

"What? Why?"

Michael sat up, stretching out his back. "We need to talk everything through."

"Mikey, no," he whined. Luke sat up with him, running a hand through his greasy hair. He was in desperate need of a fresh set of clothes and a very long shower. He ran the palms of his hand over his face, rubbing at his eyes. "I don't wanna see them."

"You've gotta do it, Babe." Michael got out of bed, headed to the unpacked luggage on the floor to look for fresh clothes.

"Michael, I don't want to," Luke complained, still sitting in bed.

"I don't know why you're making this into a big deal. It's just a casual late breakfast."

Luke pulled the sheets closer to his chest. "But, they're gonna be mean! They're gonna decide the rest of my life for me, again! I don't want that."

Michael slid off his own boxers, replacing the pair. He bent down, looking for denim jeans that didn't smell too bad. "I'm going to be there in case they do that. They won't." He pulled up a red flannel, tossing it in Luke's direction. He liked the way his little boyfriend looked in his clothes.

"They're my parents."

"You're eighteen." Michael pulled a thin sweater over his upper body, pretending he wasn't going to sweat to death the second he stepped outside into the summer air. He turned around, looking in the mirror to make sure the tan material wasn't too see-through.

Luke stood up on his knees, pulling the flannel over his body. "So what? They're going to drag me home!"

"They wont." Michael threw him his deodorant and cologne from his carry on bag. "Why are you yelling?"

"I don't want go." Luke tried to keep his voice cracking up an octave to his yelling tone once more.

Michael didn't yell back. He didn't want to see the blonde cry. Mike felt like Luke was one of those people who hid under beds while being yelled at. "You really need to act like an adult right now," Michael criticized. He headed to the en suite bathroom, turning on the light and running a hand through his hair. He swept it to the right, keeping it the way he liked it.

"I'm trying!"
"Try harder." Michael started brushing his teeth, leaning against the frame of the door and watching Luke slowly get ready.

Luke changed his underwear, pulling a matching pair of black jeans out of his bag. The only reason he could tell the difference between his and Mike's black jeans were the fact that his had more holes in the material. And his were a few sizes too small.

Luke brushed past Michael, his own overnight bag in his hands. He started to wash his face then gel up his hair. He brushed his teeth and sprayed his cologne.

They stood next to each other in silence. Michael was leaning against the wall, glancing at the younger boy here and there. Luke pretended not to notice.

Mike left he room, grabbing a pair of Coverse out of his closet. "Do you want a snack before we leave?" He started to head down the stairs.

"Aren't we meeting them for food?"

"Right," Michael responded. "We should get going."

"I really don't want to," he tried again.

Michael rolled his eyes. He sighed loudly before heading upstairs once more, knowing he had to have this conversation face to face. He found Luke sitting on the bed once more, fully dressed and fully pouting. "You have to go. We have to go."

"I don't want to!"
"You have to!" He raised his voice for the first time. Michael clenched his jaw and kept his stance strong as he saw Luke weaken.

"Mikey," he whined.

"What, Luke? This isn't a choice! I got a teenager pregnant and now we have to talk to his parents! You think I want to do this?!"

Luke's cheeks turned a rosy shade as he looked down. He looked at the bump, barely sticking over his skinny jeans. He wanted to pretend it wasn't there, like it wasn't actually happening. In his head, it wasn't actually happening.

Michael got down on his knees, putting his hands in Luke's hands. He forced the blonde to look at him. "It's me and you, and it's me and you forever. We have to do this. Your parents deserve it."

Luke stayed quiet. He squeezed Michael's hand, letting him know he was listening.

"We're gonna go there, and we're gonna figure out the next year or so. We're gonna try to reason with them but keep our own needs there, too. You don't have to talk to them if you don't want to, but they're aren't mad," he reminded Luke.

He shrugged, not willing to look into Michael's eyes. He knew the second he looked into those light green eyes, he would fall for him and everything he would ever say.

"Come on, we got this."