thirty three

thirty three

October was always Luke's favorite month. Until Michael came around, then it became November—his birthday month. But, October is still fine.

The leaves were starting to turn shades of orange and red, Halloween decorations were already up. The entire month of October was just Halloween.

Luke woke up late on the first Saturday of the month. He turned to his side, Michael already gone from bed. He rolled over, stretching out his back and taking the pillow from under his body.

The extra weight was getting to him. Anytime he laid down, it felt like he was slowly suffocating himself.

His swollen feet touched the cold ground. He slowly bent down, grabbing a pair of flannel pajamas from the floor. He slid them up his cold legs, automatically feeling warmer.

Luke started to head down the stairs, his hands gripping the side railing tightly. His feet hurt terribly and he just wanted to go back to bed. The sound of eggs frying and coffee brewing drew him closer to the kitchen, though.

It Clifford must have gotten used to Luke's need for eggs and meatballs because It stopped causing Luke to throw up over those food items.

Michael was shirtless as he stood in front of the stove. His back wasn't really broad nor toned, but Luke loved him anyways. He liked the bit of extra skin around his hips and the small ripples of love handles around the back of his ribs.

It made Luke feel good about his own insecurities.

Luke walked closer to Mike, the wood below him creaking.

Michael turned around, spotting the small blonde and smiling. "Morning, Kitten."

The small blonde didn't answer. He wrapped his arms around Mike's hips, his head resting on his lower back. He cuddled into the warmth his partner radiated. "Good morning."
"How'd you sleep?"

"Perfect," he responded. Luke held Michael closer, his arms digging into his lower hips.

"Do you wanna do anything today?"

"I want to sleep."

Michael laughed. He took a step back, leaning over to grab a few plates. Luke kept hanging on, his cheek pressed tight to Michael's back. "You woke up five minutes ago."

"Sleep is nice, though," he yawned.

"Okay, we can go back to bed after breakfast."

Luke smiled, he knew he found his forever.