Dream Catch Me - Chapter Four

Hey guys, it's Friday night here and I'm updating the story for you.. It would be great if you could vote, or send me some feedback?  

A picture on the side is of Fletch who is played by Josh Hutcherson.

-

Ignoring it, thinking it was for someone else, i continued to walk out of the gym and to my next geography class.  

"Hey!" he said again, with a little more volume. I turned around to be met with the jock, his brown hair still flopped over his brow like when he was running. Now he was showered and changed, he looked like less of a jock, wearing some black slim fit jeans and a plain navy t-shirt that matched his navy vans.

"Geez! You even walk fast! Slow down there Speedy!" He walked up to me and stopped when he was about 2 feet in front me. I stood there with one eyebrow raised in a questioning look. I was still unsure of what he could possibly want with Plain Jane, maybe he came to tell me to back off? Knowing I could be a threat to his running. I knew I'd do it too. I back off at any type of confrontation, the reason I didn't respond to my mother this morning, and was passive with my brother. I've never really seen the point of fighting back if all it was going to do what get me in more trouble. I learnt it from a very young age, just after my father left; answering back got a slap. I never dared say anything to threaten people, in fear of that red hot hand mark that could be imprinted on my cheek.

"Now I've got your attention, I'm Tom Fletcher, but everyone calls me Fletch." he said, a hand extending to me. Still a little cautious I stared at his hand for a few seconds before I reached forward with my own hand and firmly grasped his, I replied, "Jane Reddington, but everyone calls me Jane."

He cracked a small smile at that, the corner of his lift turning up. He obviously wasn't expecting those choice of words from me. I don't know what may have given it away, my quiet personality or my unwillingness to socialise with people. Hard to tell.

"Aah, a bit of a smart-arse are we? Well, what class does the smart-arse have next?" Fletch asked.

"Geography, which I think is that way.." I said, pointing to the north east of me.

"It's just as well you have me then isn't it, because in fact, the geography room is.... That way." he pointed over my shoulder.

"Come on, don't want to be late on your first day now do we?" he said, not yet knowing the extent of my early morning lateness. Fletch grabbed my forearm and started to lightly drag me along the path to geography. Without looking at me, and more on the path ahead he started a conversation.

"So where'd you learn to run like that? Or is it a natural talent?" he asked. I was a bit taken aback by his straightforward question, I was thinking he would try to ease into the subject of me beating him, but instead he asked with no time to waste. 

"A bit of natural talent, a bit of hard work and a lacking social life," I answered honestly. When I first started running, I never expected to improve as fast as I did, and I pinned that on having a smidgen of natural talent. Fletch let out a small laugh, amused by my reply.

"I see, me too I guess. Who needs friends when you can run away from them?" We turned a corner in the path, and approached a large two story building.

"Well Jane, geography is upstairs second on your right, you won't miss it, just look for the extremely hot teacher all the girls swoon over and you'll be fine. Or maybe just look for a trail of unconscious girls leading to the room." I laughed at that, now how hot was this teacher? I never heard of any rumours that might indicate such exists...

"It was nice meeting you, and I'll see you later I guess. Oh, you should join the cross country team too, we meet after school on a Thursday on the road outside school. You should come!" Fletch slowly backed down the path we came from. Before he was out of my sight, he yelled "See you later call me Jane!"