Dream Catch Me - Chapter Fifty One

Jane's POV

I didn't know what to feel. I was a mix of emotions yet not one was definite. I way hysteric and crying while screaming and swiping. As soon as he said, "I'm going to tech you a lesson," I knew exactly what my fate was. And he spent no time in getting to that, as if he had no time left and he had to get it in before the time was up.

Lewis pinned my arms above my head and my legs beneath him as he struggled with the hem of my dress. He pulled it up and up, ripping it from my head and leaving me in my underwear and matching bra. I started to whimper at suddenly feeling exposed but he had no time for that, slapping me again across the face and insisting I kept quiet. Still with my hands pinned he bent down and grabbed my foot, pulling it close to him so he could fumble with my shoe.

"No shoes on the bed!" he sung out, in a playful voice. I didn't saying anything, knowing I would earn another slap from him if I had. He removed both of my shoes and there was a moment when he had briefly let go of my hands to throw the shoes into the corner with my discarded dress. I used the opportunity to scramble away from him and further up the bed. His black eyes were playful and he commented, "Oh eager are we?" before he jumped on the bed and had my flattened beneath his body.

I couldn't breathe beneath his weight and I could feel as he reached for the bottom of his shirt and lifted up off me to take it off. My heart was racing, in fact it hadn't stopped since I was first thrown into the basement,but knowing what he had planned made me wish my heart should beat so fast it shattered into a million piece that could no longer pump the blood around my body.

I struggled against him, trying to fight my way out of his hold but it only made Lewis think I was being playful and hard to get. I tried punching him, but he simply punched me straight back. I managed to clip the edge of his chin with my wild fist and he did the same, but harder. I was momentarily stunned as the impact made me dizzy. I struggled to fight through the dizziness, knowing that if I passed out now there was no going back. I'd be taken advantage of and thrown back into the basement where I'd no doubt be left there naked, until he next decided to use me.

While I was feeling weak and dizzy, he used that chance to reach for his belt and yank his own pants down, while fumbling with the outside of my bra. As my vision cleared slightly, I tried to push him away and built a cage around my chest from my unpinned arms to protect myself. My arms could only do so much.

With Lewis sitting on my stomach with no pants on, a thin layer of his boxers kept us apart. I swore if it were to happen, and you know what I'm talking about, then I'd refuse to eat, sleep and drink until I died in the basement. I'd imagine that that was where my corpse would stay until Lewis died too, and new owners would find my body. At least they'd be able to find the Jane who went missing 20 years ago.

I whimpered and watched wearily as Lewis sat there for a moment, pondering while looking down at me. "You know what?" he asked me, yet not bothering for a reply. "You're not even that pretty. Petal? More like a stalk, or leaf. But not a petal." I didn't care for what he had to say but I was grateful he was stalling. I struggled beneath him and tried to get free again, but he barely noticed and his weight to too much to move. I would've rolled my eyes at his realisation if I were in a different situation. But I wasn't.

"Then again," he continued, stroking his stubble, "When do I ever turn away a girl?" Lewis looked down at me and I saw his true colours shining through. He'd always be that horrible monster who used girls, was a prt of a gang and kept innocent people in his basement. Even then as I lay beneath him, I wondered how many other girls had been in the same situation. What about the blood on the mattress in the basement? Did that belong to one of his victims like me?

Lewis's black eyes penetrated mine, as if searching through my soul. "Please don't" I whimpered, speaking my very first words to him since I had been kidnapped. My voice came out shaky and desperate. "What was that?" He asked, holding his hand up to his ear and mocking listening hard to what I was saying. "Please do it?" He asked. "Well if you say so!" I had no time to react or move as in one motion he had whipped off my bra and flung it across the room carelessly.

I screamed as I knew exactly what was coming next. I had hoped that someone outside could hear me, would know to come looking for me here. Anyone! I willed. I screamed as loud as I could muster and for as long as I could muster the strength to do so, but I was cut off. "Shut up you stupid bitch!" He yelled. I thought I heard the faint sound of a car door closing, but I wouldn't have been surprised if my mind was playing tricks on me. I refused to do as he said and be quiet, as I continued to scream until I was struck suddenly. I opened my eyes out of shock of the sudden pain and looked up to see he had his belt wrapped around his hand and a fire in his eyes.

Lewis had no hesitation of his next move as he brought the belt back and struck me again. The belt made an almighty smack against my skin and it felt like it my skin had split open. Again and again came the blows all over my body, my stomach, my legs and my back when he pushed me over. It cracked over and over again and each time he did I cried out in short sharp cries.

Eventually he stopped. "Look! You've made a mess!" He shouted at me and gestured towards the bedspread. It was soaked in blood, my blood. I looked down to my body and saw my skin had been split on impact from the belt and I screamed at seeing the blood flow out of me from so many different exit points. I knew my scream was loud, louder than before as it made Lewis cover his ears in pain and belt me again. I stopped screaming immediately out of fear of adding dozens more craters in my skin and tried to scurry away.

I was becoming dizzy from the loss of blood but I became determined to fight until I could no longer. "I always knew you were trouble!" Lewis yelled, not after this you won't be! I refused to watch as I knew he brought his boxers down and came closer to me. My mind was fading more and more, the blood pouring out of me, leaving me with no more blood to pump around the oxygen I needed.

I willed my body to take me now, take away the pain I knew was coming. The black spots got larger and larger, almost taking over my whole vision. Before I blacked out, I saw an angel appear from the doorway. He was beautiful as his jade green eyes caught mine and then flew to Lewis in front of me, about to take away my dignity. The angel took no hesitation in tackling Lewis to the ground, and before I could thank him I began to slowly slip from reality.

I whispered out a "thank you," before I knew what would be close to my ending. Before the darkness could overtake me I saw the angel looking down on me for a second, before he grasped my hand and never let go.

-

I never let go of her hand. Not as I called the police, and called Alex. Not as she was frantically lifted into the ambulance and driven away. I insisted I couldn't let he go like they needed me to, so the paramedics had to work around me. I looked away as she was covered up from her chest down and wrapped in gauze to stop the blood flowing from her wounds.

I had walked in on the worst scene of my life, yet seeing her fighting for her life, her heartrate declining and eventually stopping I knew there would never be anything worse than that moment in my life, ever. After I had kicked open the door to Christopher's house and splintered the lock, I sprinted up the stairs at two at a time. I refused to believe it was Jane who was sobbing from the bedroom, and I hardly believed my eyes as she lay on the red bedspread, topless and looking delirious. It was only after a while did I realise that the bedspread wasn't red, but it was the colour of her blood staining the while cover.

I saw him over her, and spent no time in taking him down. one punch to the temple knocked him right out, and he crumpled to the ground in a naked mess. I ignored him as I ran over to Jane, and grasped her hand. She whispered a thank you before her beuatifully smooth eyelids fluttered closed. I had tried desperately to wake her up, but I knew it was a lost cause. I waited the longest five minutes of my life, the time it took the ambulance to arrive.

"Jane," I whispered to her, knowing she couldn't hear me. "I'm never letting you go again. I love you." In the ideal moment she would've opened her eyes and repeated my words back to me. But this wasn't a cliche movie. She remained unconscious and bleeding while stretched out on the hospital stretcher in the ambulance. As her heart stopped, and a terrifying beep resounded through the small ambulance, I repeated over and over again, I love you, I love you, I love you, hoping that she would hear at least one of them.

My heart filled with relief as the paramedic managed to bring her pulse back, but it remained weak. Jane was rolled into the hospital and I was forced to let go of her hand, "We'll take care of her," one of the doctors insisted and lead me to a chair in the waiting room. I didn't sit down though. I paced back and forth, and was son joined by alex as we paced together. I could see Alex was afraid to ask me what had happened, judging by the look her gave me as he noticed my clothes soaked in blood.

After what seemed like hours, we were lead back into a different ward to where Jane was. We both entered and stared down at her lifeless looking body all angry and red from cuts, scars, bruises and bandages. It was almost more painful than seeing her the first time in his bedroom. "Jane.." Alex had whispered and stepped over to her bedside to hold her hand. "I'll take care of everything." He insisted, despite jane still being unconscious.

I knew he meant taking care of forms and legal requirements, as the police had showed up after the paramedics and covered the naked Christopher and hauled him away in a police car. Alex didn't want to know what had happened to jane, and I didn't blame him either. Alex stepped away from Jane after he made his promise and was walking past me when he stopped and turned to face me.

"Never let her go Joe. She loves you and you love her. Never let her go." His face was stern and serious, something I hadn't fully experienced from Alex before. I nodded and stepped over to Jane's bedside. "Go get that bastard," I told him. I sat down to her bedside and followed his advice. I gripped her hand, and never let her go.