Battle of the Kage

Minato stalked forward as Orochimaru pulled himself to his feet.

Knowing he'd never be able to run fast enough to get away he prepared to fight.

Minato scoffed. "You know you can't beat me, just roll over and die."

Orochimaru seethed. "I still have a few tricks up my sleeve...Reanimation Jutsu!!!" He slammed his palm down, making three coffins with the numbers one, two, and three written on them.

When the fronts fell over they revealed the first, second, and third Hokages.

Now Orochimaru had a sick grin. "I may not be a match for you alone, but with your predecessors I believe I can kill you."

"Minato-kun?" Hiruzen, the third hokage, said astonished. "How am I here?"

Minato glared. "Ask your pet snake."

Tobirama, second hokage, looked around. "It appears someone's learned my kinjutsu, brother."

"I see that. Too bad he didn't bring us out at our max power, we could've broken free and killed him. " Hashirama, the first hokage, sighed.

Orochimaru aimed a finger at Minato. "I command you to kill him!"

All three shot forward with speed that impressed Minato...if only a bit. After all, in a contest of speed...who could match the Yellow Flash?

Tobirama reached him first, aiming a kunai to stab him. Minato grabbed his wrist and slammed his free hand into it, shattering the bones inside. Then pushed him away as Hashirama and Hiruzen both attacked.

Hashirama and Hiruzen both began weaving through handsigns causing Minato to create a rasengan in his right palm.

"Deep Forest Emergence!!!" Hashirama slammed his palms down, causing massive roots to grow around Minato.

"Dragon Fire Bullet!!!" Hiruzen breathed out a massive torrent of fire that immediately turned the root prison into a fire pit.

That attack could kill most, luckily for Minato he could teleport.

Minato landed near Tobirama, because in their brief exchange he'd left a Hiraishin mark on his back. Then Minato slammed the Rasengan in his hand into Tobirama's back, obliterating his upper half.

Just when Minato was about to seal him he had to dodge a large slab of rock that Hashirama had thrown.

Minato smirked, then cut into his thumbs. Using the blood, he drew a complex seal on both of his palms. Then hurled a tri-bladed kunai between the third and first Hokages.

Just as it passed them, Minato teleported and faster than anyone could react he slammed his palms into their foreheads. "Fuuinjutsu. Adamantine Chain Seal!"

Chains sprung from their bodies and wrapped them up, then bolted them to the ground. Minato silently thanked his wife for allowing him to study her chains. Orochimaru paused and considered leaving while he could, only for Minato to kick the back of his leg and bring him to his knees.

Tobirama was still reforming and couldn't help him. Minato pressed a blade to Orochimaru's throat. "If you want to live, I suggest you release them..."

Orochimaru cursed but did so, the hokages turning to ash. "Now release me."

"If I let you go now, you'll be plotting revenge...." Then Minato slit his throat with so much force it nearly took the Snake Sannin's head off.

As Orochimaru lay there bleeding to death a small white snake slithered into the ground. Minato sealed Orochimaru's body in a scroll and vanished.

Normally he'd help Karah more but he wanted them to finish the chunin exams.
_________________

Naruto picked up Karah and pulled Sasuke to his feet. "Let's find somewhere to rest. No doubt the chakra this fight used up scared the other teams away from here."

Sasuke nodded. "Yeah...hey I know you're mad at your dad and everything but he's strong as hell! He took on three Kages and killed Orochimaru of the Sannin. We kinda owe him one."

Naruto brushed it off. "He wasn't saving us. He was saving Karah."

Eventually they found a hollowed out tree and laid Karah under it.

"Naruto...that power you used, was that the Sage's cloak?" Sasuke asked.

Naruto nodded. "I think so. I haven't figured out how to use it over my whole body though. "

"The power it gave you was tremendous, I think with it you could truly be unstoppable." Sasuke sat next to Karah and placed a wet t-shirt on her head.

Naruto shrugged. "I was given these abilities for a reason..."

"What reason?" Sasuke asked, eyeing the blond.

Naruto leaned back and breathed out heavily. "To protect the earth. That's all I was told. Hell, the old man didn't even say what powers I'd get, besides the Sage's cloak. Never mentioned these orbs, for all I know I could have any number of powers."