War

Naruto and Sasuke grinned at each other, anticipating this fight, when all of a sudden people in the audience began to fall asleep.

Naruto looked at them. "Sasuke wait, do you feel that? It's genjutsu, over the stadium."

Sasuke nodded. "I can't feel it but I can see it. "

Then all hell broke loose. Garra released his inner demon, sand and sound ninja began attacking, and explosions were heard across the village.

Naruto sensed large summons wrecking havoc at the gates. "Shit...Sasuke head to the walls of the village and deal with those threats, I'll take on Shukaku."

"Why do you get to fight the one tailed demon?" Sasuke asked annoyed.

"Because you're faster than me, you can get there in time to stop more deaths, no GO!!!" Naruto leaped from the stadium floor to the Kage seats.

"Hokage-sama! I'll take the one tails, you're better suited to take out enemy ninja." Then he jumped towards Shukaku before Minato could argue.

Naruto landed on the tip of Shukaku's nose and yelled, making Shukaku cross his eyes to see him. "Hey Garra! Wake your ass up!"

Shukaku tried to swat him away but Naruto jumped straight up.

Shukaku was blasting building apart with large wind attacks and Naruto narrowed his eyes. "I won't let you hurt my friends!"

He raised his right hand above his head and willed three of his orbs to fuse just above it, making it bright orange and very warm.

Naruto aimed towards Shukaku and yelled once more. "Stop it Shukaku! I can't guarantee your container survives this attack!"

In response, Shukaku fired an air blast.

"So be it... Heavens Wrath!" The orb exploded in Shukaku's direction, like a mighty beam.

It cut right through Shukaku and blew the ground under him apart for several hundreds of yards.

The blast used up Naruto's reserves and left him barely able to move, relying on his orbs to float him to the ground safely.

As Naruto looked into the scorched crater he saw there wasn't even a body left from Garra. His stomach heaved at the thought of his first kill and he stumbled when he touched the ground.

Naruto's vision blackened and he was close to fainting when he saw a group of ninja around him preparing to attack, followed by a flash of red.

________________

Sasuke grunted at the sight before him. Several boss level summons being ridden by jonin were tearing the village apart.

Leaf nin were trying to fight but there were very few successful leaf nin. In fact the only ones strong enough to fight and weren't on mission were Might Guy, Asuma Sarutobi, Kakashi Hatake, Kurenai Yuhi, Zabuza, and Minato Namikaze.

Sasuke glared at the snakes and was suddenly almost blinded by a bright orange/yellow beam of intense light. "Show off..." Sasuke whispered annoyed.

He swung the infinity blade towards an approaching snake, lighting it of fire and carving a red hot line through it's head. Then he used gravity to stop a building from crushing civilians. "Move dammit!!!" He yelled, straining against the weight.

The frightened civilians moved and Sasuke let the building drop gently.

"Hmm...interesting powers you've got there..." Sasuke turned at the sound of the voice to see a man with pale skin, blood red eyes, and short black hair that laid smoothly down to his eyebrows. He had red markings starting at his left eye and stretching down his left side and down his arm.