Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Vowls Night PART 1

Song of the Chapter: Human by Christina Perrie

*Evie's POV.*

It's time to go, and I'm still mad at Louis. He forces me take his hand, just like Harry, but I'm not happy about it. At all.

"Please forgive me?" Louis begs. I ignore him. If he wants to threaten me, it'll work, but only to get me to talk. Then I'll be even more mad at him.

I win either way.

Except now.

We're in Harry's black BMW and are on our way to where ever they have the ritual.

"I'm scared." I whisper, as we drive closer and closer. Harry reaches over and grabs my hand, glancing at me quickly, and then glancing back out the window at the road.

"You'll be fine." Yeah, like I would believe that.

~***~

It's dark, and there's candles lining the walls, leading us down the spiral staircase, closer and closer near the ritual.

"Evie you're shaking." Harry says with a frown. I shrug.

"I'm just cold. It's cold here." Harry sighs, taking his jacket off and wrapping it around my shoulders.

"Better?"

"A lot." I force a smile. "Thanks."

"No problem love." He puts an arm around me, and Louis takes my hand, as much as I don't want him to.

"We're here." Louis says. He kisses my forehead. "I have to go line up with the Sweepers, but I'll see you later." I shudder. Yeah when you have to mark me. He vanishes into the crowd, after giving Harry a peck on the lips. I suddenly feel even more nervous.

"What are Sweepers?" I ask.

"Important people. They stand guard and watch over the crowd. Louis has to line up with them." I look down.

"Harry..."

"I know. You'll be fine." I look up at him with watery eyes. "I promise." I cling to his side tightly, as creepy vampires surround us. I gulp. Too many people. And it's too dark. Too creepy and cold too....

"What do they do when they call the...um...spirits and demons?" I ask.

"You'll see."

"I don't think I want to."

"You have to."

"I know." I sniffle. He pulls me closer to him. All of a sudden, Louis stands up on the stage in the bat cave we're currently in. Candles and lights flash on him, the rest of the candles blowing out. Everyone has a cup of a red liquid, and someone hands a cup with the same liquid in it to Harry. The person hands one to me, but Harry stops her.

"She's human." He says, and the girl nods her head and walks off. I gulp.

"Is that blood?"

"Yes."

"Human blood?"

"Yes." I bite my lip. "Relax." He says soothingly. He rubs my back gently.

"Welcome, everyone." Louis starts to speak, loud and clear. "It is an honor, to be here again, for the 2016 Annual Vowls Night Celebration. Vampires, raise your cups for tonight, and show support towards our kind!" The vampires whoop and cheer, thrusting their cups in the air, and then guzzling down the blood like it's beer. I shudder.