Chapter Nine

Please point out mistakes!

Kristen's P.O.V

Too scared to discover who was behind me, I stood frozen to the ground. Hesitantly, my body turned, so I had a view of both. My eyes locked with shiny brown ones and I bit my lip. Somehow, I was not surprised it was him. Behind him, Sarah and a man I hadn't seen before stood. He had the same warm skin tone and dark hair as Emanual, but without the intimidating aura hanging all over him. All of them had serious expressions plastered on their faces, glaring at the two men. My eyes were snapping from person to person, trying to understand this situation fully. Both of the men wore smug smiles, making me reconsider how much I could trust them.

"Kristen. Come here." Emanual's voice was firm. He quickly glanced at me, before returning his hard gaze on the two men. For some reason, something in me was begging me to obey his order, to walk back to his assuring embrace. But I needed to escape, and maybe these two could help me. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw one of the men move, stepping closer to me. I felt torn.

"Please listen to Emanual, Kristen." Sarah now joined in, confusing me additionally. Most of my trust was in her, she had literally been my shoulder to cry on. I lifted my foot to take a step towards Sarah and the two others, but quickly dropped it to the ground again. If I chose them, I would be trapped at that house again. I wouldn't be free. I didn't get to think further, as an arm wrapped around my neck, pulling me into someone's chest. I gasped and my hands flew up to pull at the arm, trying to make it loosen its tight hold on my neck. A shaky breath sounded by my ear, and I tensed more, my mouth tightly shut. I was forced to look straight at them, Emanual standing in front of Sarah and the other guy. A deep growl ripped through the air, clearly coming from the handsome man, Emanual.

"I love them like this. All fresh, tight and young..." The man behind me spoke shakily like he was panting after a long run. His lips pressed against my neck, then smooth teeth, as if he was smiling to Emanual. I whimpered at the feeling of his teeth sliding across the thin skin of my neck.

"Innocent." He panted in my ear. Emanual stepped closer to us, but the arm around my neck tightened.

"She's soaked in your Alpha-smell. I'm guessing she's your mate?" I was almost too anxious to consider the meaning of his odd words. Alpha? Mate? I couldn't think clearly, and I was surprised my legs didn't collapse that very moment.

"Let. Her. Fucking. Go." He thundered. If looks could kill, the man behind me would be six feet under ground right now.

"Aw, watch your tongue, little Alpha. You don't want your mate getting hurt, do you?" He pulled me closer to him, letting me feel his body against my back. I was disgusted to find how much he was enjoying this, as I felt something poke me. I started struggling more, elbowing him in the stomach, but it didn't even seem to faze him.

"What do you want?" Sarah asked, stepping closer so she was standing beside Emanual.

"The man you took two days ago. I want him to go free."

"Not going to happen!" Emanual boomed, stepping closer again. His voice made me flinch and I closed my eyes, tears trying to pry their way through. This was all too much. Some gross man had his arm around my neck, nearly choking me, and his aroused body was pressed against my backside. I didn't know what was going to happen if they let him have me. Would he rape me? I stiffened at the thought, and a tear slipped through. My legs wanted to let go and let me fall to the ground, but I knew it would only make his arm squeeze tighter around my sore neck.

"Aw, are you sure? She'll be so easy to break. Like a little, weak flower." He shook me as he spoke the condescending words. The first tear rolled down my cheek, and it was followed by more tears. They were mostly caused by fear, but some were because of the embarrassment of looking this weak in front of five strangers.

"Look! She's fucking crying already." He laughed.

"Princess, this will seem like a fun walk in the park compared to what I have planned for you." His voice was hoarse and throaty as he whispered in my ear. By the way, Emanual's face turned from furious to fuming hatred, I assumed he heard it too.

"Fine. Follow me." Relief washed over me when Emanual gave in.

With the arm around my neck, the other hand digging into my waist, he started pushing me back to the house. Emanual turned his head and looked at me, his eyes softer than before, as he was trying to comfort me. I twisted my face in confusion, my hands still gripping onto the man's arm. He had loosened its tight hold and somewhat lowered it, so I could walk normally. Well, as normal as possible, with him pressed against me. Although, his body was not even close to being as big as Emanual's, I felt as if he could break my neck with a flick of the wrist.

All of the sudden, I heard the other man's yelp. The man holding me turned towards his friend, and I watched as a woman punched his cheek, sending him down on the ground. She continued, lifting him up by the collar of his shirt like he weighed nothing, and threw him into a tree. The arm around me was removed, and I stumbled back. A man suddenly stood behind the guy, who had had his arm wrapped around me a moment before, and held him still.

Someone took my hand, and I jerked away from the sudden touch. I turned to see Sarah, the soft look was long gone, now a stern expression was showing. She pulled me away from the chaos, but I managed to catch a last glimpse of Emanual, swinging his fist into the stomach of the man, who probably had left bruises on my neck.

"What's going on?" I tried to say out loud, but my voice came out as an uneven mumble.

She didn't answer. Instead, she continued dragging me back to the house I escaped a few hours ago. I felt defeated. Was I ever going to escape?

Emanual's P.O.V

"Fine. Follow me." I spat out. Seeing Kristen, my sweet mate, like this, was making everything in my body shake with anger. But I knew I couldn't shift. I shouldn't. I had to win her trust before showing her my world, which soon would be hers too.

I wasn't going to release my prisoner though. I had mindlinked my head-warrior, telling her to bring some of our fighters and stay hidden. They should had known they couldn't possible get away with threatening a mate of an Alpha. They're the most important person to an Alpha. Protectiveness already runs in an Alpha's blood, it didn't take much to provoke us into ending the threat's life.

I turned to give Kristen an assuring smile. Though I was pissed, I would never take it out on my mate.

We didn't get to take a lot of steps before I head the yelp of the other man. I watched the man being thrown into a tree, every pain he felt, saturated the hunger for revenge within me.

'Take Kristen back to my house, while I deal with this.' I mindlinked Sarah, as I walked towards the man, who had hurt my mate. I watched Sarah pull Kristen away from the violent scene, and I was grateful she wasn't here to see all of this.

The warrior, who had held the rogue, stepped back, as I had requested. I wanted to end him myself.

The rogue's eyes grew big as he watched my approach. I didn't wait for a second, the first punch landed in his stomach, sending him flying down. I swung punch after punch, ignoring his pleads for forgiveness. Too late for that, I thought, as I recalled the words he had whispered into my mate's ear.

"She's mine!" I yelled, before finally grabbing his head in my hands, twisting it hard. The woods were left in silence.

________________________________________________________________________________

Heyyy!

This was a pretty quick update, but I want it to be frequently updated like when I started this so here!

I kinda want to make some goals, like I want this to have 20 reads and at least 2 votes before continuing. I don't want to make the goal unreachable, so let's just start with this.

If you want me to update quicker, I'd like at least 20 reads and 2 votes on this chapter

I'll still update if it doesn't reach the goal but maybe not as quickly.

I hope you liked this chapter if you did please don't forget to..

VOTE!

COMMENT!

-Micah x