Chapter Eleven

Please point out mistakes!

Kristen's POV

After kicking Sarah and Calvin out of the house, Emanual had sat down beside me. The room was filled to the brim with awkward silence and a tension, its reason unknown to me. That was until I saw him turn his head towards me, in the corner of my eye.

"Did Calvin touch you?" His words were clear and firm; completely straight forward. I was not surprised, he didn't sugar coat his statements or questions very often. Or his actions. The sight of him slamming his fist into the man's stomach flashed through my mind, and I tried my hardest to push it away. The way he threw the punch so effortlessly showed that he had done this before. A lot. And that honestly frightened me.

That was why I chose to lie.

"No, he didn't." I avoided looking at his beautiful face, afraid he would look straight past my eyes, into my soul and see the lie. I knew something would had happened if I had answered truthfully. And if I had learned anything these two days, I knew it wouldn't be good.

"Don't lie to me, Kristen." I jumped at his thundering voice, quickly scooting away from him. His face had darkened, like shadows were now sticking to his features. He looked without doubt intimidating, but only a small part of me wanted to run. No matter how angry he looked, I still felt safe.

Before I could jerk away, his hands were gripping my shoulders, pulling me close to him.

"I know he touched you, that bastard." His voice wasn't as loud as before, but still dripping with anger. I shuddered, at his voice or his touch, I didn't know. I tried to look down, but he forced my head up, his gaze drilling into mine.

"Don't ever lie to me, I can clearly tell when you do. And you should especially never lie about another male touching you." I widened my eyes at his last words. Was he jealous? Why would he be jealous of someone he doesn't even know.

I furrowed my eyebrows at him. I secretly liked him being jealous, wanting me to himself, but I would never show that. I shouldn't like him in any way, and especially not the possessive him.

"Why shouldn't I? You don't own me." I pushed his hands away from me and stormed off of the couch. Scared of how he would react to my outburst, I backed away from the couch, so I was out of reach.

"Kristen." The way he said my name put my heart in a beating frenzy, but I shook my head at him. With my eyes locked to his, I backed out towards the kitchen, heading for an escape. The room I slept in.

He sent me one last powerful look, daring me to go against him. Something in me was screaming at me to obey him, to go back to him, but I ignored it. Why should I? He was insane.

As soon as turned to run, I heard thundering footsteps behind me. But that didn't stop me. I pushed myself to be faster, heading towards the stairs. My hand reached for the banister and I barely made contact with it, before two big hands touched my waist. Sparks flew and for a second I only wanted more. I wanted to feel the sparks all over my body, from my feet to my fingertips, but I had to remain logical. He was absolutely crazy and I simply couldn't like him.

He turned me around, I could only assume, as my eyes were tightly shut. My arms were flailing, trying to make the sparks disappear. I felt his warm fingers slide around my wrists, holding them still. The need to feel more of the warmth he gave me came back to me, but again I pushed it away. Was I going crazy too?

"You're freaking insane! I hate you!" I shouted at him, trashing in his hold. But the grip he had on me suddenly disappeared. I opened my eyes in confusion, which quickly turned to fear when I saw him.

All of the sudden, he seemed taller than usual. Like a giant bear. His eyes were darker than ever, his large biceps were clenched and a vein was showing on his neck. In other words, he looked furious to no end. And I knew what that meant.

He walked maniacally slow towards me, while I mirrored him, walking backwards. His nostrils were slightly flaring and his chest was rising in deep breaths. When my back reached the wall and his tall frame was towering over me, I closed my eyes. I knew what would happen now. And although he had kidnapped me, I had somehow started believing that he wouldn't do this.

My whole body tensed and I held my breath, preparing myself for the hard impact of his hand, which would probably slam into my jaw, cheek or nose. But the punch I was expecting never came. Instead, a booming growl erupted in the air and two seconds later, I heard a loud crunch.

I opened my eyes and took in the sight. Emanual was slightly hunched over, knees bent and one foot behind the other. He was breathing heavy, small groans and growls coming out as he exhaled. In front of him was the wall, which now had a hole with the size of his fist wrecked into it. What frightened and surprised me even more was that the wall was made of bricks; he had literally crushed a brick wall with his bare hands.

I slapped my hand over my mouth when I let a whimper escape my lips. His head snapped towards me, animalistic eyes meeting mine. He straightened himself again, and his eyelids slid over his black irises. When they opened, the deep brown set of eyes were back, but still harsher than ever. He stepped towards me, his gaze didn't dare to move even the slightest away from mine. My eyes widened and I flinched when he kept walking towards me.

"Don't be scared of me." He ordered, and I pressed myself further against the wall. I watched as he turned his back at me, his back tensing underneath his white shirt. He turned around again, running his eyes over me.

"Kristen, did you think I was going to hit you?" He asked me, raising one of his eyebrows. I started shaking my head, despite that I had expected his hand to collide with my face only a moment before.

"Stop lying. I want you to be honest with me. No matter what." His voice held no certain emotion, but his eyes had gotten less cruel.

"Maybe," I whispered, keeping my head low. My cheeks heated up in shame and I wrapped my arms around my stomach. This was so embarrassing. If he didn't see me as weak before, he definitely did now. The last bit of confidence I had crumbled, and I felt my fingers start to shake. I was so pathetic.

"C-can I go?" I stuttered, my cheeks instantly turning an even deeper shade of red. I quickly glanced up at him. He looked deep in his own thought, his face blank as he stared at me. I waited a minute before he slumped his shoulders in defeat, nudging his head towards the stairs.

"Go." My eyes flicked from him to the stairs a couple of times and finally moved towards my escape. Though, not before glancing at the large dent in the wall, a shudder quivering down my spine.

_________________________________

Hello!! Sorry for taking a bit longer than usual, I'm also writing chapters for another story (The Rogue and the Alpha) and I'm bad at writing two stories at once. Like, I was updating Shelter a lot before but then I started editing this book and writing chapters for beloved so I forgot all about Shelter :c oh well!

Thank you so much for reading this!if you enjoyed it, please don't forget to

VOTE

And

COMMENT

(Every vote is really appreciated!!)

(Goals for this chapter is 35 reads and 3 votes)

-Micah x