Chapter Twenty-Five

Quick author's note first!

If anybody wants to make a banner or a cover for Beloved, you're very welcome to do it!! I'll love you forever and make sure you mention you and give you credit of course :)

enjoy!

___________________________

Kristen's POV

Stepping out of the car, my duffel bag on my shoulder, I let the fresh wind from the forest hit me. My hair flew wild, but I didn't move. I simply stared in between the trees and bushes, hoping to see something that proved that what I was looking for, was here. But nothing happened other than the sound of the taxi driving away on the gravel road.

Pulling the heavy bag further up my shoulder, I sighed before taking another step towards the forest. I was sure this was the place, but doubt still filled my gut as I walked into the woods. Shadows darkened all of my surroundings, making my hands clammy and my heart beat faster. Was I really doing this? Should I do this? Every possible question jumped around in my head, creating chaos in my mind and making me unable to focus on one thing. All I knew was that I needed to do this. I wanted to do this.

As I walked into the forest, following a small path that had been walked to existence, a line in the ground appeared. Small stones were dug into the ground. I instantly remembered the time I stood in front of the same border and having the man's slimy breath on my neck. I shivered and stopped in front of the gray stones. My heart hammered in my chest and doubt wrapped itself around my head again. Was this the right thing to do?

"Anybody here?" My voice rang through the forest, and I sealed my lips shut afterward, prepared for an answer. But no respond followed. My gaze moved back and forth between bushes and trees, waiting for something to happen.

My stomach hurt and my hands felt clammy as I stood with my feet planted on the ground.

"Hello?" I said loudly and paused.

"It's Kristen. I'm looking for the Alpha," as I said it, a rustle came from behind me. My heart sped up and I spun around, only to see nothing other than calm nature. My head whipped around again, gasps leaving dry lips. Confusion and anxiety built up inside of me and my legs started shaking.

When I turned my body back towards the border, I noticed a silhouette moving between the trees, walking towards me. I stood still despite the feeling of utter fear. But as the shadows left the person's frame, the fear left as well.

"Calvin?" His familiar face broke into a smile and he nodded.

"Kristen, it's so good to see you!" He opened his arms, his feet right behind the line of rocks. I went to him, even though I didn't want to feel his arms around me or smell his scent so close to me. Out of pure politeness, I wrapped my arms around his neck and softly hugged him. His thick arms slid over my back and tightened around me. As I let go of him, he stayed with his fingers pressed into my back for a little longer. Awkwardly I backed one step away and smiled at him.

"Can you take me to Emanual?"

The joy in his eyes fell, but his lips stayed in a tight smile.

"Sure," he gestured for me to step completely over the border and as I walked past him, his hand stroked my hip. I glanced back at him but kept walking as I knew he wouldn't actually do anything. He's a friend of Sarah and I trust her. 

I breathed in the musky scent of the woods, a picture of Emanual appearing in my mind in an instant. The familiar scenery kept my mind on him, though it was hard keeping it off of him at all. I sighed in content, happy I was finally going to see him again.

The crunching of Calvin's feet sounded softly behind me, mixing with my own. I turned my head, a small smile of excitement glued to my lips. My gaze landed on Calvin and my eyes ran over his big frame, only to see a large piece of wood clenched in his hand.

• • •

Emanual's POV

I slowly awoke from my deep sleep, my eyelids almost glued shut. Pulling them apart hurt like hell and I knew by then that I had been hit by a hangover. The dress shirt clung to my sweaty chest while a frown stuck to my forehead. As I raised my torso from the bed, knives smashed through my head and I sighed loudly. This would be over soon, luckily. My body was quick to fix itself.

As all of my senses started to return, I noticed that something seemed off. I immediately checked the room, running my eyes over the walls, searching for a presence. But everything was as I left it; trashed. Green and clear shards of glass were scattered around in corners, furniture was thrown and pushed to the ground and next to the door was a hole in the wall from my fist.

Placing my bare feet on the cold floor, I lifted myself up to a standing. My stomach did a flip a second later and I groaned, standing still and closing my eyes. Never had I gone this far out, I thought to myself. Nausea fought its way through my entire body, so I kept still, hoping my genes would defeat the hangover.

After fifteen minutes, I had succeeded at walking down the stairs and entering the kitchen. This room was still full of memories of Kristen and I and it probably always would be. I rested my lower arms against the cold, stone countertop and breathed out heavily. 

I felt a presence nearby and a slam of the door proved my senses. The scent of Sarah softly came to me and I turned around to see her.

"Have you seen Calvin? I can't find him and he's been acting kind of weird lately." Her face was formed into a frown while she walked through the kitchen and into the living room.

"I'm worried, to be honest." She added and wrapped her arms around herself while tapping her foot on the floor.

"No, I haven't. Why should I?"

"I don't know, Emanual. Shit, why are you so grumpy?" 

"Haven't I been grumpy for the past months?"

"You're extra pissy this morning. What happened?" She turned around and leaned against the door frame to the kitchen.

"I just don't feel well." She immediately walked over to me and sniffed the air near my face.

"You're hungover, aren't you?" She sighed before continuing, "you know, drinking a bottle of vodka isn't going to do anything. It sure as hell isn't gonna bring her back."

"I know, I know. Stop scolding me." I groaned at her and sat down on a bar stool behind the kitchen counter.

Silence filled the room for a while and my gaze went to my rough hands.

"Do you think she's okay?" I asked Sarah, my heart aching just by the thought.

"I'm sure she's okay. But I'm also very much sure she misses you like hell." Her hand went to mine and she squeezed her fingers around mine.

"Okay?" She added.

"Okay."

_________________________

Heyy guys. Ah, I loved writing this chapter, to be honest, it was really fun.

(If anybody says that the ending is like TFIOS I'm gonna cry ok)

And again with the banner, cover, whatever artwork... ID BE SO HAPPY IF ANYBODY DOES THIS ID BE SO SO SO HAPPY BUT NO PRESSURE U KNOW.

Thank you for reading and please vote and comment if you liked it!

-M