Prologue (Hiccup narration)

Berk is twelve days north of hopeless and and a few degrees south of freezing to death. It may not look like much at first but this wet heap of rock packs more than few surprises. You see, while most kingdoms have dogs or cats ....or even reindeers as pet, we have....Our dragons!!

-----------------------------------------------------------
"Release the black sheep!" Bellowed Stoick the vast . He was the Chief of Berk. The man stood a towering six foot and four inches and his broad shoulders were enough to intimidate anyone who got on his wrong side. His red, scruffy beard was tied into a tiny ponytail at the end and his green eyes , were positively beaming with excitement.

He was sitting, as it happened, on the throne, over seeing the dragon race that was underway. A dragon that was bluish purple in color wizzed past his face as the girl riding it chased after the black sheep that had just been released into the air. "Come on Merida...."Stoick whispered ,as his eyes followed the dragon apprehensively. Merida was the princess of the neighbouring kingdom of Dunbroch, which along with berk, we're one of the few viking clans left. Her auburn springy hair whipped past her face as she furrowed her eyebrows , aiming for the black sheep . Her dragon, a deadly nadder , extended it's talons and grabbed the sheep, midair and dropped it into a basket that was already laden with eight white sheep.

Stoick, jumped up ,positively impressed, beamed and bellowed "HA!HA! MERIDA TAKES THE GAME WITH EIGHTEEN, RUFFNUT AND TUFFNUT -SECOND WITH FIFTEEN, SNOTLOUT , FISHLEGS WITH NIL .... and Hiccup....is nowhere to be found..." he finished feeling ,slightly crestfallen. "Where is that boy?" Stoick turned and questioned his right hand man and friend , Gobber. Gobber was also a huge viking , but he, unlike Stoick didn't look as imposing, mainly because he didn't look as serious all the time, and because he joked half the time . He had a peg leg and had lost an arm , though now he has an interchangeable arm aparutus that he can fit various objects into , and at at the moment , he had a comb, which he was using to brush his scraggly blonde moustache, which, apart from his eyebrows were the only hair on his head. "Scare him off with the big talk didn't yeh , stoick? Can't ye delay yer retirement?" He said in an irish accent . "Ah the boy will return, he has to anyway , If he wants to see... her." Stoick was referring to Hiccup's betrothed, Elsa, the queen of Arendelle, which was two days away by boat but only a few hours away on dragon back. Hiccup had met her a few months back on a trip to her coronation ceremony, which led to her kingdom freezing over and....that's a whole another story.

Elsa was on her way to Berk for 'trade permits' but Stoick smirked because he knew what the real reason was. It had been a whole month since hiccup last visited Arendelle and she most probably couldn't stay away from him. Gobber's eyes widened apprehensively as he squinted at the sea. "Uh.stoick, Ya might wanna look into this..." Stoick looked at where gobber was gesturing. A ship was approaching them from the northern sea. It had a huge mast and it was bluish in color. "She's here. Be on you best behavior lads.." Stoick added towards the the dragon racer who also happened to be hiccup's companions. Snotlout, fish legs and the twins, ruffnut and tuffnut nodded while Merida groaned. "She's here already? When he's with her all he thinks about is stupid love!" She whined at Stoick. "Shh" he cut her off, putting a finger to his lips to silence her. "She not bad once you get to know her. "He added to which she nodded sarcastically.

Berk was definitely very different from looks to Arendelle. Whike Arendelle was mostly flat and speard out, Berk appeared rather clustered together and seemd like it was built on a rock.After the ship docked, Elsa stepped out and breathed in the fresh open air in berk. It was in high contrast to Arendelle . She smiled as she saw dragons flying around. At first it was a shock when Hiccup introduced her to toothless. But seeing how playful dragons really were, elsa had taken a keen interest in studying dragons. It was her second favorite hobby. Her first, of course, was spending time with Anna and Hiccup. Her favorite dragon so far was the horned blizzard, an ice spitting dragon, the only species besides the bewildebeaset , as she had been told by hiccup , that could spit ice instead of fire. She smiled as she saw hiccup's father, the king of Berk, Stoick the vast. "It's good to see you again ,yer majesty." Stoick said as he stuck out his massive hand .Hiccup was a really normal sized human, compared to these huge vikings. "Like wise ,my king" she replied, taking his hand and shaking it. "About the accords...." he said as they walked up the water bashed stone steps ," are ye sure you want to discuss them right now? Because I have the notion that you have an important 'appointment ' with my son " stpick chuckled. Elsa felt her cheeks flush. He knew about the hidden reason of why she personally wanted to visit Berk. " Uh. If you don't mind me requesting... do you have an attire...A bit more local? My dress," she said as she glanced at her emrald green and black royal gown which was laced with ice crystals. "....seems to be a bit of an attention grabber. "She said apologetically. "Oh no worries Queen Elsa, I have just the garb for you!" He said as he clapped for an assistant to bring a dress for her. A few seconds later, the assistant returned, holding what looked vaguely weird to Elsa. "Her you go!" The viking bellowed cheerfully as he threw the dress at elsa, who caught it just in time before it hit her face. The chieftain's smile vanished as he realised what he had just done. Even though she was Hiccup's betrothed, she was still the queen of Berk's trading kingdom. He apologised soundly for his bluntness. "It's quite alright. "Elsa said ."living with a reckless princess and her reindeer-man has made me accustomed to such occurances. Well, at least she knew where hiccup got his lovable clumsiness from, Elsa thought silently, as she changed herself behind a changing drawer. "By the way...." she asked Stoick curiously "Where is hiccup?" ." Who knows?" Stoick said suddenly bewildered. "Last time I saw him was in the morning, as he grabbed his gear and ran out, saying something about exploring the northern highlands ." Of course the exploring. That's what he'd be doing . And the northern highlands...she thought to herself. That was where he had taken her on one of their dates and that was the closest elsa had come to Berk before now. "Do you have any dragons I could ride perhaps?" Elsa asked Stoick who lifted his head, his eyes beaming. "We have just the dragon for you, don't you worry Queen Elsa!".