An unexpected detour

"Hiccup. .." Elsa whispered. He looked at her and followed the direction of her gaze and was startled to a masked rider . "No sudden movements bud..." hiccup whispered to toothless. The figure slowly dipped back under the bed of clouds,vanishing from their sight momentarily. Then, hiccup heard elsa gasp as the person shot up out of the clouds again. This time,they could see what the masked rider was standing on. It was a large dragon, the likes of which hiccup had never seen before. It had four wings, one on top of the other. Toothless paled in comparison of size to this new dragon. Hiccup couldn't help himself from looking at this dragon in amazement as it circled the trio , carefully scanning them . The rider seemed to be holding on to what looked like staff made of mahogany, which was a few inches taller than the person itself. Toothless growled at this newcomer. He sensed something hurtling forwards at them from behind them. With a jolt,hiccup felt a dragon's talons on his shoulders. Hiccup craned his neck to look at elsa . She was also hanging from a dragon's talons. She seemed too shocked to react as she didn't seem to be trying to freeze the dragon,hiccup thought to himself, as he heard a screech. His heart skipped a beat as he realized that his dragon couldn't fly without a rider. He looked back to see toothless plummeting down into the icy ocean beneath them. "TOOTHLESS NOO!!!". He saw his poor dragon vanish beneath the water surface, crashing into the ice. Elsa seemed pale from fear . She was shivering , but Hiccup guessed that it was not due to the cold.He looked, panicking ,at the rider who seemed to be ignoring them. The person merely stared into the distance. "HEY! YOU LEFT MY DRAGON BACK THERE !WE HAVE TO GO BACK!HE CAN'T FLY ON HIS OWN,HE'LL DROWN! !" ."HICCUP!" Elsa called out. He turned to look at her. She nodded towards an icy Island like structure, just like the one they found Eret on earlier. Only,this one was much,much larger than the other one. Hiccup squinted his eyes to get a better look. He could see hundreds of dragons perched on the icicles that protruded upwards. The dragons carrying them swirled up and dived into the ice structure. The temperature inside was a bit colder than the outside air. The area inside was much darker and the place was sparsely lit. The dragons dropped him and Elsa down as they reached a clearing. He felt the cold ground against his hands that were numb from the cold. He got up to see Elsa already up and poised to shoot ice at anyone who tried to attack them. For the first time since his visit to her coronation ceremony six months ago, she looked fierce and ready to strike.
Hiccup drew out his sword and switched on the fire gauge ,lighting up the place. Elsa gasped softly as they saw a herd of dragons were closing in on them, growling. "Elsa stand down. They're just animals." .Her hands hands had started emitting a slight icy fog. He waved his inferno around. The dragons, much to Elsa's surprise, lost all their aggression and followed the movement of the sword innocently with their eyes. From an unknown source, a dragon's deep growl vibrated along the icy walls. Elsa spun around, trying to locate the source. Hiccup knew that it was the king of the nest . The dragons, as if listening to command, regained their aggressive stance and growled again. Hiccup withdrew his blade and tried another tactic. He dropped the blade and inserted Bronze pellets into the hilt. He clicked it and zippleback gas surrounded him and elsa. then he spun the hilt around and clicked it twice , releasing nightmare saliva,setting the gas ablaze. As they saw the fire, the dragons backed away slightly confused. All the while, the strange dragon rider was observing hiccup and elsa curiously. The rider struck the staff on the ground, creating a buzzing noise. As if by command, a dragon from behind the herd flew up and Hiccup's eyes softened in relief as he saw toothless being dropped next to him.He had feared that he would never see his faithful friend again. The dragon was soaking wet and slightly shivering from his icy ordeal. He rushed and comforted his cooing dragon. "It's okay bud. Your safe. We thought you were a goner." Toothless looked at him reproachfully. "Hmmm. "The mysterious rider mumbled. The person was now definitely intrigued by the two captives. Especially hiccup. The person prodded a dragon's chin, and the dragon responded by lighting up their mouth, illuminating the place. All the other dragons followed suit and soon the whole place was lit up like sunlight. Dropping the shield and staff, the rider moved on all fours towards them like an ape. Toothless growled and defended hiccup. The person simply moved their hand up at toothless and spun their palm around and moved their hand down. As their hand moved down, to hiccup and Elsa's bewilderment, toothless fell over, snoring in a dreamlike trance. Now the rider moved towards hiccup, still on all fours. He or she lifted their hand up towards his face as elsa looked on, confused. Hiccup drew his face back and glanced at Elsa. "Uhhhhh....." he mumbled . Inches before touching his face, the rider recoiled slightly. "Are you the dragon thief?...uh....Drago....Blud-Bludvist? " Elsa stammered ." do you even understand what I'm saying?" . The rider ignored her and merely whispered "Hiccup?....". Hiccup , bewildered and wanting to exit the place as soon as possible, glanced at elsa. Confusion shone in his eyes just like it did in her own. " could it be? After all these years?" The rider stood up straight now and addressed them both. Furrowing his brows in utter confusion hiccup replied" Uh...should - should I know..you? .The rider merely shook their head slowly. "No... you were only a babe. " came the muffled voice from behind the mask. Then the person sild off their mask, revealing a wisened looking lady in her early fifties. she had greying hair but you could tell that it was mostly chocolate brown. Her brown eyes looked up at his face as she whispered tentatively "...but a mother....never forgets...." .