Fortifications

The cold air whipped across his face as he flew across the sea of clouds below them. Toothless was panting slightly and Hiccup's mind was aflutter as his mid kept replaying what Eret had shouted at them. What had they done to earn such hatred from some dragon master that he hadn't even met. And the dragon thief. ...who was that person, he or she had to have a powerful dragon, being able to blast a dragon wrangling fort to smithereens like that. "I'm sorry Hiccup....I tried to hold it in." Elsa whispered ,still shaken slightly due to the events that had unfurled a few moments earlier, Elsa had almost lost control of her powers , the temperature had dropped drastically. "Hey... It's okay. You didn't mean it.... you're okay now right?" He comforted her as she hugged him from behind, resting her head on him. "Yeah...I think..."she muttered . The horned blizzard, on which elsa was riding , was gliding ahead of them It came to a sudden halt and screeched at hiccup. Berk was in view down below. Hiccup nodded. "Okay bud.. " Toothless reduced his altitude, landing softly on the ground to cheers from on lookers around them.He helped elsa down as he heard gobber below from behind them " Look who finally decided to show up for work!" He chuckled at hiccup . The village was booming with life. Vikings of various shapes and sizes were going about their daily activities, men comparing the sizes of each other's beard and women gossiping about the new ice queen that Don of the chief was betrothed to.

Hiccup turned to face the bald viking and questioned " where's dad?" ."He's over there in the study, making saddles. "
As hiccup led Elsa in , he heard his father's voice boom loudly. " Ahhh hiccup.. just the man I wanted to see!" He exclaimed cheerfully. Looking apprehensively at Elsa, he started. " Uhhh. Dad could we talk...for a minute? " . Having no idea what they were stammering about, Stoick continued. " Ah. You have an itch you want to talk about?" ."Not quite the itch your thinking about...but yeah." . " Good man. Now , a chief's first duty is to his people. So-- " Stoick picked up a metal plate, glanced at him and called out " FOURRTY ONE? .....FOURTY ON---". A husky looking man jumped up " That's me! I've been here all day! Okay!" He continued , perspiring excitedly. " I want one of those large seaters , with huge spikes and a big storage compartment. " . Stoick nodded " Right sir" . Hiccup ,feeling slightly annoyed, glanced at Elsa , who nodded him to continue. " Uh. Dad....This is kinda more important than making saddles for people. " . Stoick turned and faced them "And that's lesson number two! No issue is too small for a cheif when it comes to serving your people. !". " Chief , we want to talk to you about this new land we came across..."Elsa added .Hiccup nodded." And there were people there. This wasn't the usual run to the hills hoo-ha I've come to enjoy . " .Gobber interrupted them " Really? Your night fury and the illusive horned blizzard didn't bring them cheering to the rooftops?" He said as he fitted a brush into his arm socket, brushing his pale moustache and eyebrows. " No. These guys were trappers .... dragon trappers. ...and their fort was stuck in huge spikes of ice...It was weird. .. I've never seen anything like it... " . Merida entered the study as she evasdropped on their conversation. She added scornfully. " Really, you've never seen anything like it even though your girlfriend is the snow queen?" Else merely blushed while hiccup shot an angry look at Merida who was chuckling. Sometimes he didn't like her sense of humour all that much. Gobber Piped up " You know you are gonna get yerself in serious trouble one of these days. Not anyone appreciates this way of life.". Stoick nodded. " Aye . Best we keep to our own. " he pulled down a lever starting a chainsaw that was used to cut through wood. " Anyway...you'll have more valuable uses of your time! " . He glanced around like around little child playing hide around and seek." Once we make the big announcement!". "Chief Stoick. ..you are not understanding the gravity of the situ--" Elsa began before being cut off by hiccup who pulled down the chainsaw lever shut . Annoyed ,he spoke clearly and loudly . " Dad. They-are-building-a-dragon-army!!" He said as Elsa quietly nodded. "Or at least the guy they work for is...uh... Dargo. ....bloody-fist. ... or somethin'" he finished , looking at elsa. At this statement , Stoick's eyes widened in shock as he stood up and grabbed hiccup by the shoulders. "Drago? Drago Bludvist? " he whispered with an alarmed expression. " uh.Yeah..wait. How did you--" before Hiccup could finish , Stoick had picked up his sword and inserted it into his sheath.He glanced at Elsa. "Queen Elsa , staying here is very dangerous. I will have hiccup Escort you back--" . Elsa cut him off " There will be no need Chief Stoick. I can protect myself ,should the need arise. And I wish to stay by hiccup's side." . He shot a small smile at her as he turned around and bellowed at his subjects " GATHER ALL THE DRAGONS AND MOVE THEM UNDER GROUND! NOW! SEAL THE GATES AND THE STORM DOORS! LOCK THE PENS !NOW! No dragon or human sets foot if this island until I say so!" . He then marched down a staircase in his study to their underground Safe house. Elsa let out a tiny gasp as her eyes widened. Dragons were flying around in the cave like enclosure, looking around as apprehensive as their owners. Hiccup , who still found it hard to catch on as to why Stoick was suddenly so frantic, yelled after his father above the deafening noise of the ensuing chaos. "DAD!wait! What're you?why? Because some guy you knew is stirring up trouble in some far away land? " Stoick spun around and shook his son by the shoulders. "If Drago Bludvist is a madman who kills without conscience or mercy . If he's building a dragon army,.....gods help us all" . Elsa looked concerned as hiccup continued" Dad, let's not rush to conclusions here. Let's ride back out there. We'll follow those trappers to Drago and talk some sense into him" . Stoick, annoyed, told hiccup " No. We fortify the island .". Hiccup argued " It's our duty to keep the peace.". Stoick sighed. "Peace is over Hiccup...i must prepare you for war. " at these words elsa shuddered. The last thing she wanted was to be involved in a war and losing control, hurting someone she wasn't supposed to. Hiccup said calmly. " Dad , if drago is coming fro our dragons,mabye we can talk him out of this instead of waiting around for him to get here. Let's go find him...and change his mind." Stoick raised his voice slightly at his son" Men who kill cannot be reasoned with. A chief protects his own. ' and with that, Stoick swished his fur Cape and left hiccup and elsa to their own thoughts.Toothless was peeking out behind Stoick at the both . Elsa, slightly worried, glanced at hiccup. His kind face was contorted in thought as he furrowed his brows. Then he looked at Elsa apologetically. Realizing what he was about to do, Elsa whispered "No hiccup,listen to your father..." He kissed her tenderly and replied "No. I have to do this." With a half smile, he clambered onto toothless, unnoticed by his father. "Go toothless!" He yelled at his dragon . Toothless shot forward as the hangar doors were being shut. "NO HICCUP!' Elsa heard Stoick bellow. He ignored him and wizzed out of the closure. Elsa's hair whipped as she noticed another dragon and it's rider zipping out just as the hangar doors closed shut. Merida had followed hiccup out .