A Familiar Revelation

Hiccup was too shocked to react. He felt like his insides were erupting volcanic lava. There before him ,stood a lady whom he had never known ,claim to be his dead mother.As he opened his mouth yell, the lady hushed him up. "Shh. .... " she looked at Elsa and back at him. "Follow me.." she whispered with a mischievous glint in her eyes. He stood there, stock still and felt toothless nudge him gently. "Hold on !wait just a minute!" . His mother glanced at them and said "this way". He rambled on , helping elsa up onto a ledge. She chose to stay silent for the whole conversation. "You're my mother? I mean what the-- do you grasp how insane that sounds?" .His mother ignored him and continued. "Come quickly" . "I have questions!" He exclaimed as he tried to clamber onto a six foot high boulder. Elsa helped him out and built a higher platform for him to climb up on. "Where have you been all this time?What - what've you been doing? Th-they said you were dead!" Hiccup noticed that his 'mother 'had vanished into clearing from where white light was poking in. " Everyone think you were eaten by....." he stopped talking as his eyes stared widely. Elsa let out a tiny gasp. "...dragons..." hiccup whispered blankly.

Thousands of dragons of different species ,shapes and sizes were flying around in the nest. Baby dragons, old dragons, and even a horned blizzard ,which were one of the rarest dragons known. Hiccup had only seen one other of that species and it was Elsa rode . Toothless gazeed up in wonder, hiccup's expression reflected on his. He heard Elsa gasp . He looked in the direction of her gaze and his eyes widened in amazement. Hi mother was watching their reaction, taking in every expression of wonder on her son's face. She perched on her dragon's wing upside down. Hiccup recognised it as the for winged storm cutter from before. "So...This is where you've been ...All these years? " she nodded apprehensively. " Wow. ..you... you've been rescuing them. " . She asked him "You're not mad?" There was a moment of silence among them .Elsa looked from Hiccup to his mother , feeling slightly awkward. I wish Anna was here, she thought. She would know exactly how to the break the ice. Thankfully for her, hiccup broke the ice a moment later." UH....well. I dunno. ...I mean...It's not everyday you find out your dead mother is actually some crazy vigilante dragon lady..." His mother slid down from her dragon's wing and landed next to the twosome. She looked at hiccups expression and laughed heartily. Then her attention landed on Elsa, who realized that she was staring at them and hurriedly looked at the dragon swarm. "And who is this young lady you've brought with you? " she asked, smiling kindly at elsa. Hiccup jerked as he realised with a jolt that he had not introduced the both of them. "Oh yeah... uh...mom , this is Elsa..;. Elsa , this is my mother ,Valka ....who everyone thought ,was dead......" he introduced them awkwardly. Valka smiled at him. "And she is your betrothed ,yes ?" . "Uhhh...mhmmmmm yeah. . Yeah she is..." hiccup said, scratching the back of his head as he caught Elsa's eye. Her lips were curled I'm what hiccup thought was the most mischievous smile he had seen on her face. " you are beautiful ,my dear. " she smiled at elsa. Her eyes darted to the attire elsa was wearing, which was from Arendelle. " she is not of Berk, I presume?" . "Uh actually....she's the queen of one of our trading partners, Arendelle . I visited.....what's wrong mom?" Hiccup said, noticing the vague expression on Valka's face. "Arendelle? I thought that that kingdom and it's palace was sealed off from anyone else? Or was it merely my personal experience?" . " uhh.. well. The place kinda was... shut off from the public... I had to visit the place last summer thanks to dad and uh......long story short....the gates are now open and now I've got a girlfriend.....". He chuckled awkwardly.Valka seemed unsatisfied by the answer. " How did you two meet?"."Uhh. Mom...that's a long story... . ". All of a sudden. Her dragon silently clambered down onto the ground and peered curiously at Elsa. Blinking it's eyes rapidly at her. After a few seconds, the dragon looked at Valka . Hiccup looked at toothles and the dragon made a shrugging action . Then Valka looked at Hiccup and said. " Cloud jumper here can sense any form of inhuman powers. He could sense heavy radiation emanating off your betrothed.....I am confused." . "Uh...ya see. " hiccup began anxiously " She's not like normal people...she's a gifted person. She ...can basically control ice and snow. " he said and looked at the raised eyebrows of his mother. Before he could continue, Elsa snapped her fingers and a snowball materialised out of thin air and she hurled it at toothless. The dragon, getting hit by the snowball looked at her playfully and cocked his head. Elsa giggled Seeing his mother's eyes widen, hiccup quickly continued" she is the most amazing person I have ever met. She's even saved me out a few tight spots. " he held her hand tenderly. " Seeing my son happy is all I care about." Valka smiled kindly at her.Elsa managed a smile at her. All of them looked at toothless as the dragon whimpered softly. Hiccup and Valka burst out laughing as Elsa giggled. Some of the dragons, sensing a newcomer,had come to investigate. One of the dragons was sniffing toothless's butt like how dogs welcome a newcomer. Toothless evidently didn't like this idea and kicked out the dragon and growled ,irritated. At this moment, Valka's attention fell on toothless. "Magnificent creature.! ...can I? " Hiccup nodded in approval.Valka placed her staff on the floor and placed her hands on toothless's tongue. "He's beautiful... might very well be the last of his kind ..." she gasped "and retractable teeth!. And look!he's your age! No wonder you two get along so well! He's incredible! How did you--?" . Hiccup scratched his head and glanced at Elsa. "I ...I found him the woods. ...he was...shot down, wounded. ". Valka merely nodded. She patted a dragon next to her. "The snafflefag lost his leg to one of Drago's traps. " she gestured to another dragon as elsa gasped softly. "This deathsong lost its eyes after being attacked by a trapper's flare. She was left ,tied to a tree, cold and alone. ". Her eye caught a flint of red on toothless's tail. She prodded his prosthetic tail wing and asked" and what of this? Did Drago or one of his men do this too?". Elsa caught Hiccup's eyes . He had told her the story of how he met toothless countless times. She was pretty sure it involved hiccup himself injuring toothless . She nodded for him to go on."Uhh...funny thing is....I was the one who shot him down..." Valka gazed at her son ,slightly confused. Hiccup chose to not look her in the eye as he said it. He playfully grabbed toothless's head and started playing with him. "Hey..but it's okay... It's all even now. You just couldn't save all of me now could ya bud? Nohoho ..... you just HAD to make it even so...." he raised his prosthetic leg and gestured towards it awkwardly." Peg leg!" Elsa was slightly surprised as there wasn't a trace of shock or even surprise on his mother's face. She merely looked on as if this was everyday happening. Elsa remember how shocked she had felt when she first met hiccup at her coronation ceremony back in Arendelle.

Toothless picked hiccup off the ground and onto his back as hiccup started scratching the dragon's neck.Valka continued. "And what did your father think of your nightfury friend?". "Well...he didn't take it all that well...". His mother nodded. Hiccup continued anxiously" but then...he changed...They all did. Pretty soon, everyone on berk had dragons of their own." His mother looked slightly amused and bewildered. She looked at Elsa as she couldn't believe hiccup. Elsa nodded enthusiastically. Valka turned back "Hah. ...If only it were possible..believe me...I tried.." ." No really mom..."." People are not capable of change...Some people are just born different..." she placed her arms around hiccup and Elsa. She sighed as continued "Long ago...Berk was the land of kill or be killed. I thought that peace could be maintained. It was a very unpopular opinion. One night during a dragon raid, a dragon broke into our chamber and I realised that you were there ,in you wee cradle. I rushed to protect you....but..what I saw was proof that I was right. Dragons were not vicious creatures. They were kind gentle creatures whose soul reflected my own...Stoick rushed to protect us...the dragon carried me away...." she sighed and looked at hiccup and Elsa's saddened face. " It pained me to stay away..but I believed you would be better of if I did....I see now that I was wrong...". Hiccup thought deeply for a moment as Elsa took his palm and squeezed it."Wait...you were alive all this time? People thought you were dead. " . Valka chuckled. "Oh cloudjumper (her four winged stormcutter) never meant to harm me.. he must've thought I belonged here.." She gestured over into the distance" ...In the home of the great bewildebeast! " Elsa and hiccup gasped together. Before them lay a huge dragon, snoozing under an icy cave. It's head alone was gigantic and as big as a tiny island. It had a head crest that protruded outwards from it's head. The back tipped crest itself stood at least twelve feet high. The snowy white dragon was surrounded by dragons of various sizes and colors. Elsa was amazed when she saw dragons act like humans did, bowing down as the behemoth opened its eyes slowly. Valka chuckled at their amazement and elaborated . "Every nest has a king but this....This is the king of all dragons. With his icy breath, this graceful giant built the nest. We all live under his care and his command. Except the babies of course... who listen to no one...." she laughed heartily as she saw a herd of baby dragons play on top of the bewildebeaset's head. He shook them off gently and turned and looked up at the new comers. Elsa's eyes widened in shock and awe at the sheer size of the king dragon." What Kristoff wouldn't give to spend a day with an ice dragon...." she whispered to herself. "This is the ice spitting dragon? The cause of all that destruction? ". Hiccup questioned Valka. "He was merely protecting us from harm ,hiccup " she explained. The dragon gazed down directly at them. Valka bowed down. Elsa noticed that toothless avoided the behemoth ' s eyes, looking down. As hiccup gazed at it in amazement, the dragon breathed it's icy breath on hiccup and elsa. Elsa couldn't help but giggle slightly as hiccup's hair froze up and was covered in snow, similar to how she had done earlier. "He seems to like you two." Valka chuckled softly. " Wow! " hiccup exclaimed as he brushed off the snow from his hair.The great dragon bellowed softly. Valka gasped "are you two hungry? It's feeding time". They both nodded.

Miles away, on a lone iceberg, a group of young dragon riders stood ,axiously waiting for news from stoick