Hospital For Souls (1/3)

A/N yoyoyoyo , imma get pretty drama heavy the next updates so i hope you guys enjoy

opinions on history?

okay ye okay read on love yall

-----

Louis knew it would just be one of those days when he woke up.

One of those where it really doesn't matter how much sleep you got the night prior, you feel unbelievably tired...yet unable to fall back asleep. One of those where maybe you can produce a momentary smile but the feeling of happiness just can not and will not stick around. One of those where motivation has dissipated and all you can do is lay in bed and desperately hope for the next day to come.

And Louis realizes how much he loves Harry, how deeply he's in love with this boy, when Harry knows exactly what to do. As usual, Harry woke before Louis that morning. Went downstairs and made their daily pancakes, and when it was 12:00 and Louis hadn't been down yet, Harry decided it would be fitting if he were to go upstairs and see what Louis is doing. They had fallen asleep at 11 last night, which is unusual for the two, so it seems unlikely Louis would still be sleeping.

When he enters the room he finds Louis cuddled under the blankets, hard music quietly drifting throughout the room. His face is blank, empty yet sad eyes following Harry as he walks through the room, "Morning Lou." Harry whispers, not expecting a reply as he climbs into bed, on the other side of Louis.

Louis turns onto his other side, cuddling into Harry. He usually does the cuddling, but at the moment that thought is simply disregarded. Harry just pulls him in with his strong arm, running his fingers lightly along his arm. Letting Louis bury himself in blankets and Harry, Vic Fuentes' voice and the couple's breathing as the soundtrack.

Harry presses a kiss to Louis' forehead before pulling the blanket over himself as well.

Louis can't exactly say what caused this feeling, moments like this always come and go. Absolutely no motivation to do anything, no specific thoughts, no clarifying moments of happiness. Just this white fuzz, nonstop in his brain.

After a while of laying there (Louis really doesn't keep track of time on days like this) Harry decides to go grab Louis the pancakes he made. So, he gently moves Louis, whispering he'll be right back. He feels horrible leaving Louis alone like this, but he has to eat.

So Louis lies there as Harry ventures downstairs. Closing his eyes and taking deep breaths as The 1975 comes on, Antichrist. With his deep breathes he begins to realize just how odd he feels, in his lungs, how it's becoming challenging to breathe. Automatically he remembers back to his middle school and high school days, before Harry and after his father's death. His mom the only person he was able to utter a word to, nobody at school (social anxiety had gotten the best of him). Nobody to talk to. And he remembers always getting this feeling after crying for God knows how long - due to one of his mom's daily (unnecessary) explosions. Demeaning words thrown at him, her judgmental and sinister tone, the repetitive words of 'Why can't you simply do anything right? Do you think I enjoy waking up every morning, knowing all I have is you to deal with? Stop being selfish and think of me for once.'

Louis can't help but grow sadder as he remembers everything, a little whimper escaping, but he doesn't feel the need to cry. He's cried far too much over that one woman to be able to now. She's dead and he's 23. He has a loving boyfriend that supports him. A loving boyfriend that is not in bed with him, but getting him their routine morning pancakes at almost 1:00, ready to return and be there for Louis. To understand what he's feeling and how to act. What to do.

And that's what almost brings tears to Louis' eyes, just how lucky he is. Someone as fuc.ked up as him, as rude, as sinful, as deadly as him, is able to have a boyfriend like that. One who truly loves him and attempts in every way he can to be perfect for Louis.