Down

A/N  hey hi, sorry it took so long to finally write again. i have two more chapters ready for after this (so up until christmas expect updates) but after that idk if i can promise anything

i was thinking of doing updates every two or three weeks (most likely three), the chapters will simply be very long vs how they were when i updated every week/every two weeks. like 3k+ words.

thanks for reading and shit guys, even if this isn't close to my best work and it's kinda short i'm excited to get this chap posted

----

Today is the day.

Louis is doing it today, it's all planned out and ready. 

He's doing it, today.

The thought won't stop filtering in and out of his head as he sits in class. It's fourth block, one minute away from the end of  the day.

Ever since he was 12 this is all he thought about, all he wanted to try, and after months of planning he's ready. 

The bell abruptly snaps him out of his thoughts, sending him scrambling to stuff his journal into his book bag. He slings it over his shoulder and starts heading towards the door, making sure to accidentally bump into John's shoulder. 

"Mute, what are you doing?" He snaps, turning and getting in Louis' face.

"Sorry." Louis mutters, keeping his head down as he attempts to shuffle forward. 

John huffs, harshly grabbing Louis' arm, "I asked what the hell are you doin?" he spits, rancid breath traveling to Louis. 

Louis shrugs, jerking his arm away with success. 

"Just 'cause you don't ever talk don't mean you can't answer a simple question." He continues, following Louis as he walks out into the hallway. "Fine, follow you the whole way home 'till you can answer."

Louis merges into the crowded hallway, blocking out all the noise other than John's loud huffs of frustration as he occasionally mutters something derogatory in Louis' direction. Louis keeps his smile hidden as they walk out of the entrance to the school, cold air slapping him in the face. 

It's hard to keep from sprinting into the woods as he walks, excitement buzzing through his body, but he finds a way to keep his steps normal. "The woods? How stupid are you?" John laughs from behind Louis, following blindly as he steps on the path. Barely anyone goes into the woods other than the kids that prefer to smoke, get high, or get drunk in it - that's very unlikely to happen right after school with the staff around. Nobody lives past the woods other than a few recluse people. No teens. 

The woods really are the perfect spot.

They walk for a long time until Louis comes across an open spot, untouched white snow like a carpet as more falls from the sky. Everything so pretty, ready to be disrupted. 

Louis stops in the middle of the clearing, hand in the pocket of his sweater he turns to face John.

"Why are you just standing there?" John shouts as he walks to Louis, pressing two hands on his chest he pushes him back. Louis stumbles a bit but straightens himself up, staying calm as he watches John walk around him. 

"Can't answer me, huh?" John sneers, stepping closer and closer to Louis. Louis shrugs his shoulders, biting the inside of his cheek when John moves close enough to him he can feel his breath on his face.